Wtf?????

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious to see what it sells for. Shhh, don't tell Ron but they also selling a vietnamense x roth. Doubt he's got that one yet:>

bwester said:
me neither, wonder if this could in any way be legal?
I'd put money on no. From what I understand, some of the Asian vendors have no qualms about selling flasks of these in the US.

Well at very least the plants appear to be artificially propagated (and of course the roth x vietnamense is). Compared to ChineseGreen who sells collected plants.

Kyle

Kyle said:
Well at very least the plants appear to be artificially propagated (and of course the roth x vietnamense is). Compared to ChineseGreen who sells collected plants.

How does that plant "appear" to be artificially propagated?

It appears to be a pathetic specimen regardless of where it was propagated.

-Ernie

cdub said:
How does that plant "appear" to be artificially propagated?

The size and cleaness of the leaves. Plus he also has vietnamense x roth, most taiwan vendors would carry flasks of both.

Hanginaum is hard to grow, in my opinion, and they often look pathetic. Or at least mine do, until they die.

Kyle

i want a hangianum too....
there had been a bid on it, i'm pretty sure. don't know what happened to it.

Yeah, I felt compelled to warn them about the legal status of Paph. hangianum, and sent them a message this morning. Don't know if that's why the pulled it, but it's possible. I was assuming that they bought a flask of hangianum from Taiwan and thought that they were legal, since they were from flask... it's a confusing system, so it seemed like the right thing to warn them.

- Matt

WOW! Even if you got it for starting bid it would have been $30.00 for that "Pitiful..I just crammed it in a pot" looking specimen.

gore42 said:
Yeah, I felt compelled to warn them about the legal status of Paph. hangianum, and sent them a message this morning. Don't know if that's why the pulled it, but it's possible. I was assuming that they bought a flask of hangianum from Taiwan and thought that they were legal, since they were from flask... it's a confusing system, so it seemed like the right thing to warn them.

- Matt

I also gave them a heads-up last night.

Back