• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB Paph. sangii flask

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some years ago Hung Sheng had some, after that.....nil. Guess near to all plants in trade are wild collected.

Many are I'm sure but, to name one legit source, Hilmar Bauch at Asendorfer sells this sp. as seedlings....maybe he would part with a flask, if you're in Europe?

Alex

Thanks for the replies so far. I'm actually in the US. I'm finally working on a collection of Paph species of my own. I've been growing for 25+ years and at one time grew a private collection for a lady in Tennessee. She had primarily Paphs.

Welcome to Slippertalk, bulolo. You might check with Glen Decker -- he had plants for sale awhile back, so maybe he has flasks.

@ bulolo - I was on the fvgardens website today and see this person has Paph. sangii seedlings for sale. I'm not sure why the price is so much more then the others...rare plant? I dunno but if you go on that website under Tropical slipper orchids, click Paphiopedilum species then go to page 7 you will see it there. Sorry if that was not of any help. I know you said you are looking for flask.

I have looked at their website but being in the US I'm considered International shipping and the minimum order is $500CA. Unless I can split the order with one, two, or more people I'd never be able to afford an order. I'd love to though since many species I want are on their list. Thanks for the heads up though!

According to Forrest View's web site, they said that they don't ship app. 1 plants internationally, though. Alex mentioned Assendorfer, and their most recent list has seedlings for 35 euro. They are coming to Redland.

Ah, of course, I missed that point. Forgot about the ole' CITES. So Assendorfer brings Paphs for sale at the Redlands? Do you order them and then they ship them to you once they are in the states? I've heard of Ecuagenera doing this does Assendorfer do it too? Or do I have to attend the show....which I'd love to do some day. I'm a horticulturist and it seems that shows I want to attend are always in the height of planting season.

No, just seedlings. I do want to buy larger seedlings as well but want a flask to grow on myself. Am also interested in flasks of hookerae/volonteanum too. I've seen a couple of vendors of those.

Ah, of course, I missed that point. Forgot about the ole' CITES. So Assendorfer brings Paphs for sale at the Redlands? Do you order them and then they ship them to you once they are in the states? I've heard of Ecuagenera doing this does Assendorfer do it too? Or do I have to attend the show....which I'd love to do some day. I'm a horticulturist and it seems that shows I want to attend are always in the height of planting season.

When I contacted them a couple weeks ago, they said they would ship them within the US. I wasn't completely sure if they can bring everything in their list, though. I think that most international vendors seem to do the shipping within the US. Since dollar is quite strong now, it might be a good time (if they charge in Euro).

Latest posts

Back