• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: A small piece of 30% shade cloth

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silence882

Horse whisperer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Could anyone tell me where I might be able to purchase a small piece of 10-30% shade cloth? I only need about 8 square feet (2' x 4'). I've been looking online and the sites I've found seem to sell much larger quantities than what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

--Stephen

Thanks for all the suggestions! I ordered from Dot's site since it seems best suited (i.e. is the cheapest) for such a small quantity.

I could hack off a piece of 50% aluminet from a 7 foot wide roll I have.

Thanks for the generous offer, but [oddly] I'm using this indoors and 50% would be take away a bit too much light.

--Stephen

Then why do you need a shade cloth? Using HID's?

Yup. I've got a 400W MH and the place where I grow my orchids (translation: the only spot where my wife lets me put them) has an overhanging counter that is about 8" too low. I've already torched one leaf on a Paph (bleached it) by putting it directly under the light, so I've pushed everything off to the side for now. I am hoping the shade cloth will let me use the whole space.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I ordered from Dot's site since it seems best suited (i.e. is the cheapest) for such a small quantity....
--Stephen
That's what I found, also. Plus they had the best price for what I needed. Good service, also. I did quite a lot of research before I chose them.

Latest posts

Back