Wow!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got this months AOS Bulletin. Holy Mackerel!! The three Joanna Burkhardts are INSANE!!!! I have never been so impressed by a hybrid.

And is it just me or the malipoense not really look right?? No insult to the grower but it kinda looks like fanaticum to me.

Tyler

I know, you live next door to the printer, right?! :eek:

Don't wait, look at it online. You can resize the pages and get nice close up images (and text but we won't go there)

I thought I'd hate it and I still may do. But right now its kinda neat.

I'm trying to figure out if it'll store onto an iPad, Kindle or somesuch device for future reading.

You know, I just now realized that my AOS membership must have run out. I haven't received a copy or Orchids in a long time. :eek:

You know, I just now realized that my AOS membership must have run out. I haven't received a copy or Orchids in a long time. :eek:
I contacted AOS yesterday -- I renewed in December, but have not received and Orchids Magazine since. No reply yet.

I contacted AOS yesterday -- I renewed in December, but have not received and Orchids Magazine since. No reply yet.

It seems that I have to send 2 emails for them to reply. They either only get every other one or only reply once they get two
emails from me. And I wait a reasonable amount of time, 1-2 weeks. I did get my April issue pretty quick.

We have such an unreliable postal service that our mail tends to arrive in batches. I have not received a copy in three months now. Now I dont know if it is the mail sevice or AOS?:(

Haha! Some of your luck must have rubbed off on me, I got mine yesterday :D!! The 92 PT FCC Johanna Burkhardt is nice but I lean more toward Cultural awards. The Dendrochilum filiforme and that crazy Lycaste Garfield I might stab someone for!! BTW, at least 3 of the award photos are STF'r plants! :D Congrats again.

It seems that I have to send 2 emails for them to reply. They either only get every other one or only reply once they get two emails from me. And I wait a reasonable amount of time, 1-2 weeks. I did get my April issue pretty quick.
I got a reply today! I wrote back, thanking her, and said I didn't expect that quick a reply! It seems the website renewal didn't make it into their books, but she corrected that and promised to send the back magazines, at my request, on Monday.

The AOS does have a cheaper version on line that might work better for international members that want the magazine on time. I believe that it is $65. compared to $105.

Thanks Bill,
Unfortunately I am a bit tactile, I prefere the experience of paging through a book or magazine to browsing a web copy. I suppose I will just have to deal with the delays (Still dont understand why the delay should be so .... extreme? , do we still live in the era of wind & sail?) I am sure the delay is on our side though, so I have answered my own question (remember my introductory post - Orchid growing in Darkest Africa?):(

Latest posts

Back