Would like info on this eBay seller please

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLorax

Awardless studette
Reaction score
I guess this cold weather is getting to me and I'm getting itchy to buy a few plants. Probably not the brightest thing to do all factors considered but heat packs might work. I found a seller who had a few plants I was interested in buying. Anyone know anything about this person-
http://myworld.ebay.com/orchidsman570/

nope....
(just for those who don't know but read this, toolhaus.org is a great tool for checking negative and neutral feedback on ebay quickly. type in a seller's name, hit enter and it'll search. great for those with more than a page or two of feedback...)

Just out of curiousity, what did it go for?
I'm not familar with the seller, he appeared to have good feedback & from the # is a new seller. Prim can be a fairly decent size plant, it will bloom small, the picture of the plant didn't impress me.

It went for $20.50. It was the shipping at $11 that sort of held me back. I don't know that $20 or $25 for this particular plant is unreasonable but when you add back on the shipping and handling and the additional cost of tossing in a heat pack, it would have ended up costing more than it was worth based on what I've found others Ron Williamsons with similar or greater growths selling for. I can wait. They're probably more available in spring. Then as suggested by someone else, I could combine shipping with another purchase to help defray costs.

You knew when to hold back!
Umm, you're giving me far too much credit. A little bird told me what my maximum bid should be and why and I stuck to it.

Say, I recognize the name on that watermark of that eBay listing. Isn't that person listing that orchid a member here by us?

I don't think he's on this list, but Thanh Nguyen is a reasonably priced and very reliable vendor who has been referenced many times here....Eric

Thanh is very good. Very healthy plants. I have bought alot of plants from him through e-bay & privately. He has some good listings for this week.

Tom

Thanh has a mastersianum seedling listed. Very nice looking! I never looked at this species' staminode closely- it's naughty! :) Also, he's in Melbourne, FL- I went to school there and will be visiting before the WOC.

-Ernie

Bad timing for me to be bidding on anything. The auctions don't close for a bit and we're leaving again for a few weeks. Not able to take the time to coordinate the delivery of plants to coincide with when we're going to be home. I can add him to my list of favorite sellers. I know that can be done because I did it once although it's been a few years.

I couldn't wait for the post to open but if it's from OrchidsTN or Spring Water then I can only give positive references. Very good stuff! {Hmm, I wonder if there's a connection?}

Bad timing for me to be bidding on anything. The auctions don't close for a bit and we're leaving again for a few weeks. Not able to take the time to coordinate the delivery of plants to coincide with when we're going to be home. I can add him to my list of favorite sellers. I know that can be done because I did it once although it's been a few years.
These sellers aren't going any where & there's always plants to be bought!

Yes, that's what I was told by somebody else too. No sense screwing around right now since these plants show up all the time. By the time I bid, won, and paid... I'd be more than 10 days into the process and we'll be leaving right around then.

Go for it. That way when you grow them big and strong, I can buy a division from you! Please start your spending spree with a St Ouen "Sweet Ice".:drool:

I have purchased a Phrag from orchidsman570 and was very happy with the plant....

Latest posts

Back