Wossner Vietnam Gold

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orchid-fever

Reaction score
I wish I could say this was mine but it is a friend of mine, who lives in Japan. He sent the picture to me when I asked him about this hybrid. I have just found this cross (vietnamense x armeniacum) for sale here in the U.S. at Parkside nursery's website (4" pot BS for $35.00). I Might have to have one!!! Anyway enjoy the photo for now...

PaphWossnerVietnamGold11cmx42mm.jpg

Armeniacum is very dominant in its color. The stamoide does resemble a midway between the two species. Overall, it look great even with the dimples =)

If I am not mistaken, Parkside import paph hybrids from Taiwan?
Would it be easier for someone in Japan to order directly from Taiwan?

z

I don't know if it would be easier to import them straight from Taiwan. I have noticed Parkside has a large amount of hybrids from in-charm nursery. I am just eager to see more vietnamense hybrids...it does seem that the armeniacum contributed color while the shape is more a mix. Either way I am ordering one.

James said:
That looks kinda ugly. Maybe others will flower nicer.
If I own the plant, I would be so tempted to poke a straw into the opening of the pouch & blow air into it.:p
Crazy as it sounds, I did use a Q-tip to push at the inside of a similar Maude type hybrid with similar problem, and it works, the pouch stays inflated.

smartie2000 said:
I've done the Q-tip thing and it didn't work on my maudiae..it's pouch was too hard...but I got some scented oil:)
My thought is that, the petals & sepals do not open fast enough or growing in synch with the pouch in some flowers. Then, the pouch has dimples, indentations & creases from being in cramp quarter.

smartie2000 said:
I've done the Q-tip thing and it didn't work on my maudiae..it's pouch was too hard...but I got some scented oil:)
My thought is that, the petals & sepals do not open fast enough or growing in synch with the pouch in some flowers. Then, the pouch has dimples, indentations & creases from being in cramp quarter.
Sorry, the screen did not work, how do you delete one post?

Latest posts

Back