Wos

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

Wisconsin Orchid Society had their show this weekend in Milwaukee at 'The Domes' (conservatory). This was the first time I was able to attend. I met Lauren up there, later than anticipated but we made the most of it! We, of course, spent too much time in the sales area. Leo had asked us if we saw this plant & that plant in the displays, so decided we should go take a look. I don't think we were quite half way thru & here comes the announcement - 'the Domes' will be closing in 15 minutes! I didn't get to take too many pics - but here they are -

The center of attention is Sugar Suite & there was another in a different display, they were both huge, this goes on the want list!

Who can resist a beautiful wallisii?

This is a Habeneria, I hope I spelled that?, anyway it was very impressive!

This mltssa. was very nice, different colors & so suitable for this time of the year! It was 'Hilo ______', if I remember correctly!
Nice show, nice people - who can ask for more? .......
OK - well - more TIME & MONEY!

That is a certainly a "special" "Sugar Suite". ;) Next to a "special" version of Armeni White. I saw them too. That Habenaria medusa got a 75 pt HCC I believe. We also awarded a handful of CBRs to neat little Pleuros belonging to the usual suspects up there (Claire Rojohn and Walter Crawford- both spectacular growers!). Rob LittleFrog was there sellign and judging too. I picked up one neat thing from Acker's; a clone of Phal stuartiana 'Sogo' HCC/AOS in sike. Have held off on this species waiting for a good one and this was my chance. It has very full segments with no "windowing" between the petals and sepals which is unusual for the species.

-Ernie

I went looking for a Paph.concolor, it was tough to budget, knowing that Chicagoland Orchidfest is this coming weekend - EEK - 2 weekends in a row!
So what did I come home with?
Leo had bargains @$10ea. that a slipper lover could not pass up!
Phrag. Lucy Robbins 3growths
Paph Florento (topperi x chamberlainum) 1-lrg.gr.4"pot
Paph. Jurgen Roth (topperi x prim)1 -lrg.gr.3"pot, ready to up pot.
2 -Paph. Debbie Reynolds x henryanum sdlgs-2 1/4"pots. Debbie Reynolds was the unknown to us, it's appletonianum x wardii, looks like a cross between the two, now X henry - could be interesting. I ended up taking both plants, couldn't make up my mind. Both looked more like henryanum & the one has very dark & obvious spotting at the underneath base of the leaves.
At Natt's I came across a div. of Bulbo.pardalotum - must have at least 20 bulbs - $25! This mini is quite the rambler it was overgrowing a 2" clay pot. I have a half coconut shell & didn't have quite the plant for it .... until now!

Rose & Lauren,
It was fun meeting you both. The Milwaukee show is always a nice kick off to the Sept-October rush of shows.
Leo

Debbie Robinson is appletonianum x wardii... Not Debbie Reynolds.

Looks like this:
Paph-Debbie-Robinson.jpg

Is Leo not labeling his crosses right? Shame... *grin*

It was a good show. I sat on the team that judged that Habeneria. Nice plant, glad you got a good photo of it. Nice to meet the various peoples that stopped by. Next year I'll bring some slippers...

Rob

It was a good show. I sat on the team that judged that Habeneria. Nice plant, glad you got a good photo of it. Nice to meet the various peoples that stopped by. Next year I'll bring some slippers...

Rob

Did not realize that you are a judge, wow. I heard it take a long time to get to that level.

That is a certainly a "special" "Sugar Suite". ;) Next to a "special" version of Armeni White. I saw them too. That Habenaria medusa got a 75 pt HCC I believe. We also awarded a handful of CBRs to neat little Pleuros belonging to the usual suspects up there (Claire Rojohn and Walter Crawford- both spectacular growers!). Rob LittleFrog was there sellign and judging too. I picked up one neat thing from Acker's; a clone of Phal stuartiana 'Sogo' HCC/AOS in sike. Have held off on this species waiting for a good one and this was my chance. It has very full segments with no "windowing" between the petals and sepals which is unusual for the species.

-Ernie

yup "special" I am seeing them all over.

Opps - no -no, not Leos' fault my slip up, it is labeled correctly! I did find that picture, so it will be interesting to add henryanum to that!
There were alot more displays & individual plants that I wished I would have photographed. Next year I will know better & allow more time!
Debbie Robinson is appletonianum x wardii... Not Debbie Reynolds.
Looks like this:
Paph-Debbie-Robinson.jpg

Is Leo not labeling his crosses right? Shame... *grin*

Rob

Latest posts

Back