World Orchid Conference - Singapore

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bolero

Well I've paid for my accommodation, I've registered to attend and I've applied to judge.

Who else is coming to Singapore with me??? I just cannot wait.

Darren

Too far away and too expansive. But I do envy you. Wish you a good time.

Well I will try and remember to post photos, hopefully I will meet a few people there anyway.

;-)

Cool. Good for you. It will be an amazing show, and the gardens in the area should be spectacular! Have a great time and please post some pics!

I can't find a listing on the WOC website yet for any vendors. I can think of a few I am hoping will take flasks to Singapore from the USA.

So I look forward to hearing.

Well I've paid for my accommodation, I've registered to attend and I've applied to judge.

Darren

Folks,

These were displayed at last year's RHS Show in Thailand.
Make it a date for the show if you are able to make it here.

WOC-GP.jpg

WOC3.jpg

Darren

I am going!!! But have not registered yet. I think it is June for early bird closing of registration. I will also apply to judge in the Paph section.
But I am going first to Taiwan ( TIOS2011 5/3-14/3 judging 3/3)
Anybody going to Taiwan???? or JGP(JapanGrand Prix for Orchids) mid February. I used to go to Japan and Norito Hasegawa, Sam Tsui and Kevin Butler were always there. One year I met Andy Easton, John Robertson and Dennis Diem (Dendi Orchids)
There have been 15-20 Australian attending TIOS every year. Ken Stead (Qld) and Wally Rhodes (Camira Orchids) were two other AOC judges other than me judging in the Paph Section and 2 other Queenslander judged in Cattleya/Phalaenopsis Sections. I prefer going to Taiwan as prices are much lower than in Japan.

Just got back from Singapore last week and to me it seemed that it will be a challenge for Gardens by the Bay to be completed by WOC. The facility is in the early structural phase and it seems that alot needs doing before any plantings are started. I plan on going if I can get a ticket with my miles. The Singapore Botanical Garden is a treat in any case and I hope I am pleasantly surprised with it's new additions completion.
Rob

How difficult will it be to buy plants and have them shipped back to the U.S.? Will vendors be all set up to do fairly painless exporting (haha) or will it be practically impossible?

How difficult will it be to buy plants and have them shipped back to the U.S.? Will vendors be all set up to do fairly painless exporting (haha) or will it be practically impossible?

There will a counter at the show to process all the paper work so bringing back flasks or plants back should be not be an issue.

No vendor list has been published yet. The event site looks amazing and hopefully the gardens will be finished, they have 9 months to finish them.

Make sure you have the right paperwork!

It's getting exciting, I still need airfares (waiting for special) but everything else is ready to go. Hopefully they let me judge.......time will tell.

Hi

I have planned to be in Singapor for the WOC and I have French friends to visit in the same time. Will be cool to meet Slippertalker and judges !

Latest posts

Back