World Cup

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The result does certainly not reflect the reality - France should have won- once again as with Portugal players - Italian players showed great acting skills in order to obtain faults -
fortunately tomorrow is another day !!

I think a PK shoot out is a cheesy way to end the game. Neither goaly ever got a hand on the ball, and France lost by a slightly bogus kick.

I didn't really have a favorite (despite my Italian heritage) until I saw the head-butt. At that point I immediately wanted France to lose.

That first half penalty kick France got was a result of good acting, although the second half penalty kick they should have gotten but didn't sort of balanced things out.

--Stephen

Italia! Italia! Italia!

I really want to know what that guy said to make Zidane hit him like that. Zidane had looked really angry since France missed the last two goals, and I bet that felt good!

adiaphane said:
Italia! Italia! Italia!

I really want to know what that guy said to make Zidane hit him like that. Zidane had looked really angry since France missed the last two goals, and I bet that felt good!

No kidding! I felt like I was at a Sox/Yankees playoffs game. All the good stuff happens at the end...:D

Was rooting for France during today's final in the FWC... that missed penalty kick on France's part really sucked... bet he's still crying right now (don't blame him!)... the ball almost bounced inside the line in the goal box... POO! so close!

-Pat

(Brazil was playing good this year, and I thought Germany was playing exceptionally well also...)

Back