Wonderful name !!!!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
Paph....Mishtawayawininiwak. I have shown this plant a number of times in the last two years and only once, have I found anyone other than myself who can pronounce the name correctly, usually they say, Paph Mishtawayawinningwak..mishtawak...mistaway, then give up and say Paph. "Kelly" which is my daughters name. A big laugh goes up.
P. Mishtawayawininiwak 'Kelly'
index_001_002.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting a picture of Paph Mishtawayawininiwak! I have always wondered what it looked like. The name of that hybrid gave me the idea to make the longest Paph name. The new rules from the RHS are that you could not make a name longer than 30 characters long, so I made one that was exactly 30 characters! The new hybrid had kind of mint green flowers with some burgundy red markings, so I came up with:

Paph. Greenteaicecreamandraspberries

If you want to see what it looks like, I think I have posted another thread about this hybrid.

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
DRORCHID, Robert, I saw your Paph name and the flower on the website before it was registered, (frequent visitor to your site) and along with the Misht' wondered where I was going to get the right length label to fit the names on. The again I look at some of the names registered for Dendrobiums out of Asia. Maybe we should call them Den. alphabet ???
BTW, the dorsal doesn't always furl on the P.Mish' depends on the time of year if flowers.
Roy

Thanks for posting a picture of Paph Mishtawayawininiwak! I have always wondered what it looked like. The name of that hybrid gave me the idea to make the longest Paph name. The new rules from the RHS where that you could not make a name longer than 30 characters long, so I made one that was exactly 30 characters! The new hybrid had kind of mint green flowers with some burgundy red markings, so I came up with:

Paph. Greenteaicecreamandraspberries

If you want to see what it looks like, I think I have posted another thread about this hybrid.

Robert

Hello Robert,

Thanks for the information on P. Greenteaicecreamandrasberries. I have one and posted a picture of it a while back. Here's the link: http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2203

Wilson

Thanks Wilson, that was a nice one, By the way you are missing a letter in the name; it is Greenteaicecreamandraspberries (you were missing a p).

Robert

Latest posts

Back