WOC Miami some Phragmipedium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

ORG

Dear Slipperfriends.
also when it was not allowed to visit the Exhibition at the WOC as a registrant I could make some pictures of interesting Phragmipedium

Here Phragmipedium kovachii 'Jewel' in the exhibition of Peruflora
PhragkovachiiMiami2008b.jpg

Phrag. Cape Sunset - Eric Young X schlimii
PhragmipediumCapeSunset-EricYoungXs.jpg

Phrag. Suzanne Decker - kovachii X Cape Sunset
PhragSuzanneDecker-kovachiiXCapeSun.jpg

Phrag. Allison Strohm - kovachii X Living Fire
PhragAllisonStrohm-kovachiiXLivingF.jpg

Phrag. Haley Decker - kovachii X St. Ouen
PhragHaleyDecker-kovachiixSaintOuen.jpg

But also a very nice Paphiopedilum hybrid
Paph. Dick Wagner - bellatulum X xfanaticum

PaphDickWagner-bellatulumXxfanaticu.jpg

With best greetings

Olaf

OLAF - Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
Did the Cape Sunsets really have that much yellow in them?

2 Days!!! :crazy: That Paph. Dick Wagner looks like a Paph Kevin Porter. I can't say I'm a fan of the toothiness of the Phrag Cape Sunset's lateral petals but the color is interesting. Thanx for posting.

A bad news today.
during the judging session the flower of Phrag kovachii falls down. But it get a blue ribbon.

Best greetings

Olaf

A bad news today.
during the judging session the flower of Phrag kovachii falls down. But it get a blue ribbon.

Best greetings

Olaf

Beat me to it Olaf! My heart broke a little bit when I saw it lying there, still beatiful though, and absolutely huge when comparing it to pre-kovachii stuffs, and even against any of the hybrids. It seems that if money is to be spent on kovachii hybrids itll be in the next generations, though that was kinda expected. It was too far into the display to get a good picture, Im glad you got one!

Now here some more Phragmipedium from the WOC

At first the bad picture with the fallen flower of kovachii

PhragkovachiiWOCMIAMI2008Bltenfall.jpg

Then an exceptional group of peruvián bessae

WOCMiami2008PhragbesseaeGruppe.jpg

WOCMiami2008PhragbesseaeGruppeb.jpg

Then Phrag. Fritz Schomburg - besseae X kovachii

PhragFritzSchomburgkovachiiXbess-1.jpg

Phragmipedium Sorel Point - Grouville X besseae

PhragSorelPoint-GrouvilleXbesseaeb.jpg

and finally Phrag. China Dragon - Grande X besseae
PhragChinaDragon-GrandeXbesseae.jpg

Best greetings

Olaf

I think my jaw hit the floor when I saw that one of the display! Wow! I knew the WOC would be a show way way too big for me to even think about showing in for now but my oh my....now I understand! I will have to be a professional grower before I attempt a slot for a display in that show! Holy cow!

Beautiful pictures though. If you have more I know we would all like to see them.

Bluefirepegasus

I think my jaw hit the floor when I saw that one of the display! Wow! I knew the WOC would be a show way way too big for me to even think about showing in for now but my oh my....now I understand! I will have to be a professional grower before I attempt a slot for a display in that show! Holy cow! Bluefirepegasus

NOT TRUE! Garland proved it with his best in class Larry Heuer!

Latest posts

Back