WOC exhibit judging

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

berrywoodson

It is amazing that Frank Smith's exhibit was not voted the best at the World Orchid Conference. As far as diversity and plant quality, it is a travesty that it did not get Grand Champion.

There are several very nice displays at this show. KS's exhibit is one. RF was another. I believe KS was voted the reserve grand champion, but can't remember at this moment.

Both displays were very nice. However, KS has more paphs than pretty much anyone else. Plus their paphs are SO BIG! Since I'm partial to them, I MIGHT agree about the displays, but I was not on the team that made the decision and I believe the RF display is certainly worthy of the award as well.

Just my humble opinion.

Craig

Woc

Both are magnificent. As a neophyte, Bob's exhibit at the last WOC in Miami was mind blowing with his mountain of white Phalaenopsis with all those fantastic Vandas.

One of the parrots outside the Conference told me that the judges were deadlocked over the two exhibits of KS and RF so they threw a dart and Bob won. Bob certainly is to be commended at bringing this sublime event off. It is considerably better than the last one in Dijon.

NYEric......I didn't realize it was you when I was giving you a hard time about the number of plants you were buying. I was the blond guy with real short hair sitting at a table with my laptop. You told me one was a present and I said 'what a nice present.' Too bad I didn't realize until later when Ramon told me it was you or I would have said hey!

Anyway.....RF did a great job on their exhibit as did KS.

Craig

I looked both displays over closely in the pics on multi forums, I would have voted for KS. I have also heard rumors a few rumors but I will not relay them.

I think that most felt KS was better. Judges seemed to since he had many aos awards in the display.
My bias is from what I have seen KS is better.

I would have picked KS, but when you are the chair of the show....well I guess you never tell your boss that his breath stinks....:p just kidding...they both were good, but since I am a paph fan, I would have picked KS.

NYEric......I didn't realize it was you when I was giving you a hard time about the number of plants you were buying. I was the blond guy with real short hair sitting at a table with my laptop. You told me one was a present and I said 'what a nice present.' Too bad I didn't realize until later when Ramon told me it was you or I would have said hey!
Craig
Ohhhhh, OK, well I wish I had known. Did you get any nice paphs?

I have also heard rumors a few rumors but I will not relay them.

Oh come on! I want to hear what the flamingos and macaws were saying dang it all! (pm me, you have my email...) Crap, that reminds me I still need to pick up the polar bears for our New Hampshire exhibit. :sob:

I'm have to admit I'm not even sure which one is Fuchs' (I assumed the vanda/mokara one) but everyone's been talking about K-S. That says something.

Latest posts

Back