WNCOS Orchid Show; Asheville, NC 3/31-4/1/2012

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnathaniel

Lurker
Reaction score
The North Carolina Arboretum, just off the scenic Blue Ridge Parkway in Asheville, NC, hosts the Western North Carolina Orchid Society Annual Show on March 31 and April 1, 2012. This year's theme is The Secret Garden of Orchids, and will celebrate the 50th anniversary of WNCOS and the 25th of the NC Arboretum. See http://www.wncos.org for further details, or feel free to post or PM me questions on this forum.

Admission to the show is free, though Arboretum parking fees of $8/car will apply (free to members of any American Horticultural Society affiliated garden). In addition to spectacular AOS-judged displays, plant sales, and fantastic raffle prizes, the show includes a variety of free lectures each day for all interests and skill levels.

Confirmed vendor lineup includes:
-Carolina Orchids
-Carter and Holmes
-Ironwood Estate Orchids
-Marble Branch Farms
-Marriott Orchids
-Orchidview
-Owens Orchids
-Seagrove Orchids
-Woodland Orchids

Come out to see us! We have an extremely friendly, knowledgeable society membership and all are welcome. Asheville is a great place to visit, with the Biltmore Estate, gorgeous hiking, and 10+ microbreweries in and around town. We're about 2 hours from Knoxville, 2.5 hours from Charlotte, and 2.5 hours from Columbia, SC; the Arboretum is easily accessible from Interstates 26 and 40.

--Nat

Just wanted to give this a bump. Show starts tonight with the Arboretum member preview and continues all day tomorrow and Sunday. I'll be there tonight until about 8, tomorrow from 10-3 and probably 11-3 on Sunday; come by and say hi if you want. I'm the big 30-something guy whose nametag says 'Nat.' I'll try to get some pictures of the displays and sales area once the crowds thin a little this evening. Didn't get a chance to help the main slipper vendors (Marriott and Orchidview) unload yesterday but there are usually some great Paphs and Phrags in the exhibits.

Oh, and two more vendors were just added: Orchid Gallery from east TN sell their own 'cool pots' (porous clay with a s/h-type design) and usually lots of Masdies and other stuff. BB Barns is a local garden store that will be selling an assortment of potting supplies.

Back