Winter Stonei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
This is the clone I got from Matt Gore years back. It bloomed well last summer, and put on several new growths. It popped up a sheath this summer, but just got around to spiking.

The petals are really twisty on this clone

Good size plant with LS pushing 24"

Likes basket culture and roots coming out all 4 sides.

Wonderful flowers. That plant is so beautifully grown. It looks like we will be seeing this plant regularly in flower.

That's really nice, Rick! What's it growing in?

6" wood basket. Used to be moss lined, but most of the lining is gone. Mostly limestone gravel in the core, and live moss/ferns taking over the top (and gaps along the sides). I think it's time to move up to the 8" basket.

The blooming growth is actually 27" span.

Wow, thats a nice stoneii, nicest I've ever seen

Thanks Troy. But I think some of Paphman's are major contenders :wink:

Last year I crossed this one with one of his monsters (fingers crossed to get some seedlings back!)

This one does have pretty unique flowers with the extra twisty petals, perfect symmetry of sepals and pouch, and has a pretty decent flower count when it gets going.

that cross with Paphman's will be a truly promising stonei. Rick if you get seedlings I would love to trade a few of my stonei selfings I am growing out.

I like stonei, but I usually want them with more colour. For some reason,though, this one is just beautiful. The faint colouring makes it feel like a stonei ice queen. :smitten:

I need to get myself a new stonei. I think I know what went wrong with my little baby plant earlier.

Such a cool beauty and great growing there!

Latest posts

Back