Winter Fever

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cosmic Orchid

Reaction score
Hi, I just joined. I live in upstate NY, and am an avid rose grower and gardener. I grew orchids back in the early 1990's (encyclia, maxilarria, paphs, catt hybrids etc), and then when I moved I never kept up the hobby. I am getting really tired of waiting for gardening season to start again so I started reading up on orchids again.. all I can say is Kovachii :smitten:

Thanks! I plan to visit the CNY Orchid Society this weekend, they have a guest speaker from Marlow's coming. I will try to get some pictures!

Welcome from KY. Gardeners and orchid growers are
nurturers so it's not so amazing to me. I love getting out
in my perennials and veggie garden and getting my hands
dirty.

Hello cosmic, welcome from nor cal. there are quite a few new yorkers here, they are great enablers lol..

Picked up a couple of cattleya hybrids at the meeting, Marlow's Orchids was there but he didn't bring many slippers. Wow the names of things sure have changed since when I first grew orchids in the ealy 1990's. Rhyncocattleyanthe?? And no more sophronitis? And Encyclea?

Hello Cosmic, glad you joined here and visited the orchid club meeting. I used to live in that area and attended cnyos meetings, very nice people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back