Winter at Fox Valley

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chicago is famous for wind and snow! :) and I still wonder why some of my in-law relatives moved out there.
we got some(2~3") very pretty light snow here in Rehoboth Beach, DE. and I took some photos of my woods too......

Last edited:
We've had almost no snow all winter... Normally we'd have had a couple feet at least, I think we've had maybe 5" total.

Snow is beautiful only if you don't have to get out and shovel/plow. Looks great from a window in a warm room.
True! Thank god we have a great neighbor who owns a construction company. He will show up and plow our 500ft long driveway with his equipment for a cup of hot chocolate if it gets too bad.
Princess Maggie(dog) still wants me to clear a pee spot in the yard for her tho...it can be a PIA if we have a long period of snow.

Ended up with a foot of snow! Not only that, but a city snow plow left a pile of snow almost 5 feet high in front of my driveway. Took two neighbors and me an hour to clean that up. Thank God for neighbors with strong backs. Tired of winter; nice inside the greenhouse, though.

Ended up with a foot of snow! Not only that, but a city snow plow left a pile of snow almost 5 feet high in front of my driveway.

That sucks! Once "flying snow" broke my mailbox(more like totally destroyed) when the state snowplow crew came through at flying speed.

We've had almost no snow all winter... Normally we'd have had a couple feet at least, I think we've had maybe 5" total.
Hi Littlefrog: I love your little saying. I'm to give a presentation tonight (2/2) and wanted permission to use it. I know the group of ladies would get a laugh out of it.

Normally we don't get much snow here...Southern DE is a great place for retirement, not too cold and not too hot, even Joe Biden has a house here(Rehoboth Beach, DE). I definitely would not move further south...
A friend of mine once said, "I would rather bleed than sweat!"

Normally we don't get much snow here...Southern DE is a great place for retirement, not too cold and not too hot, even Joe Biden has a house here(Rehoboth Beach, DE). I definitely would not move further south...
A friend of mine once said, "I would rather bleed than sweat!"
The expression I found amusing is "sweat is the body crying". Mike

our dogs love making little yellow spots in the snow.
We have a miniature, longhaired couch potato (dachshund) named “Hobbes”. When we were in PA, the snow was often way too deep for him to go out, so we dug pathways around the yard to his favorite spots. Borrowing from the world of hamsters, we dubbed them a “Hobbitrail”.

I think this pee preference is funny and interesting. Four dogs and the two smallest (Tzu's) love scampering across
the deepest snow we ever get here. Ro and Jess take offense when we try to clear the snow. The PBGV doesn't
mind any conditions and the spaniel wants carried to her favorite spot. We are critter slaves...oh my!

I think it has a lot to do with the size of the dog, sex, and age...
Maggie is a Lhasa Apso. When she was young, she loved to play in the snow...She is almost 12 years old now... she will give me dirty look if I don't clean a spot for her. Well, she basically owns us now.:p

Last edited:
Did that for Maggies a few years back and she had a great time.
She used to like snow....

Attachments

• Maggie-snow.jpg
    Maggie-snow.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 2
  • P1030329.JPG
    P1030329.JPG
    304.7 KB · Views: 2
  • P1030321.JPG
    P1030321.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: