Wine Chiller and LEDs at work

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisFL

General Disarray
Reaction score
A start. Bulbophyllum dolichoglottis, contortisepalum (yellow), denophyllum. Built LED fixture with 6 Cree XPG emitters run at 1 amp a piece.

20880563408_5d09745b39_c.jpg

20880346380_4be6d5f829_c.jpg

20880528378_d860715af8_c.jpg

21058442102_536b961cb3_c.jpg

To give proper credit: the first time I saw this concept was Mikael and Linda Karlbom's Nano-Viv set ups, where Swedish municipal terra cotta sections were used. As far as LEDs go, I maintain the claim that I was the first verifiable person using high power LEDs in the online orchid community.

Great little setup! :clap:

As far as LEDs go, I maintain the claim that I was the first verifiable person using high power LEDs in the online orchid community.

When did you start using them?

Chris, you do come up with some interesting ideas. I'm
currently looking at LED options for my greenhouse. There
are quite a few orchids that grow well mounted on clay
pots, mostly Phals. You're a Bulbo man, right?

Nice, the repurposed lab equipment add an interesting touch. You are driving XP-G pretty hard, is the passive cooling enough with the heatsink?

Nice, the repurposed lab equipment add an interesting touch. You are driving XP-G pretty hard, is the passive cooling enough with the heatsink?

Yep. These have been on the same sink with the same emitters and driver for 5 years or so. They get hot to touch, but they don't burn out.

I've been running high output LEDs since the XP-G whites became widely available in the latter half of 2010.

To give proper credit: the first time I saw this concept was Mikael and Linda Karlbom's Nano-Viv set ups, where Swedish municipal terra cotta sections were used. As far as LEDs go, I maintain the claim that I was the first verifiable person using high power LEDs in the online orchid community.

:rollhappy::rollhappy:
Do you mean if I buy new tyres I can claim to be the first to drive with wheels?

Back