Windy Hill haul 2/16/2014

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamD

Catasetinae Crazed
Reaction score
Every year on my birthday all I want to do is go visit Marilyn LeDoux at Windy Hills. We visit and I see what follows me home. This year didn't look like it was going to happen due to bad weather. The gravel road to the greenhouse was completely snow packed and iced over. After some deliberation we decided we'd park in the driveway and trudge our way down the hill to the greenhouse (which proved more difficult than I anticipated). But, we made our way in and this is what followed me home!

From top left to bottom right:
Paph. kolopakingii ('Jamboree HCC/AOS' x 'Jeanie's Green Giant')
Paph. haynaldianum ('Orchid Inn' x 'Jackie AM/AOS')
Paph Greta Kooiker (Shin-Yi's Pride 'Windy Hill' AM/AOS x parishii 'Green Spiders')
Paph. kolopakingii 'Jamboree' HCC/AOS x gigantifolium 'Dark Warrior'
Paph. Cereal Killer (Vini Maud)
Paph. sanderianum x sib
Mexipedium xerophyticum 'Oaxaca'
Paph. stonei ('Jean' x 'MBG')
Paph. stonei 'Jean' x Kolosand 'Windy Hill' HCC/AOS

Most are NBS, I think the kolo and kolo x gig will bloom soon, maybe also the haynaldianum. The sanderianum is the baby of the group. Hopefully it will bloom before the kids are off to college! So not a bad haul, and what a great day. Marilyn is the greatest. I'll post pics of Windy Hills in a bit.

Believe it or not, this order didn't even break the $200 mark! I was amazed. Money well spent. Thanks for looking, sorry for the photo... I'm not the photographer in the family...

Last edited:
Seriously? Was the sanderianum like $0.99?

It was a little more than that... Check out the pics I posted of her greenhouse. I believe the Angel Hair x Paul Parks is for sale. It took a lot of discipline not to buy that one. I stuck to my list. I was proud of myself, no impulse in bloom purchases.

It was a little more than that... Check out the pics I posted of her greenhouse. I believe the Angel Hair x Paul Parks is for sale. It took a lot of discipline not to buy that one. I stuck to my list. I was proud of myself, no impulse in bloom purchases.
Oh but now you may never get one! :evil: Nice haul.

Latest posts

Back