• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Will u purchase these paph for 200 usd?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

morita_yuban

Will u buy these species paph for USD 200? 10 seeding leaf span about 10cm only. But come with Cites & Phyto cert + and deliver (These are vito growth.)

Paph. adductum var. anitum x sib
Paph. callosum x sib
Paph. delenatii x sib
Paph. emersonii x sib
Paph. glaucophyllum x sib
Paph. glaucophyllum var. moquetteanum x sib
Paph. malipoense x sib
Paph. primulinum x sib
Paph. kolopakingii var. toperii
Paph. philippinense var. alba x sib

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on the parentages and the size of them.
And, there is risk to buy Paph. philippinense var. alba x sib because many of this cross are typical when they bloom.

Marco said:
nope cause i'm not a big parvi fan. but i do know theres a lot of folks out there that are not saying that they wouldnt

Marco, Marco, Marco,
The list does not have enough parvis.
3 out of 10 is not heavily lean toward parvis at all.
To make it attractive to a Parvi fan, I would suggest to subtitute the list with:
1) hangianum
2) hangianum alba
3) emersonii var huonglanae
4) malipoense
5) malipoense var jackii
6) malipoense var jackii alba
7) armeniacum
8) armeniacum var markii
9) micranthum
10) micranthum var eburneum
11) micranthum var albo flavum
12) micranthum var glanzeanum
13) vietnamense
14) vietnamense alba
15) delenatii
16) delenatii dunkel
17) delemnatii alba
I think I have 7 extra bonus plants include in the list:D
I guess I am a little bit over enthusiastic

Last edited:
Chien said:
It depends on the parentages and the size of them.
And, there is risk to buy Paph. philippinense var. alba x sib because many of this cross are typical when they bloom.
I agree with Chien about the parent clones & sizes.
Furthermore, depend on the market at the countries too.
Some will be rare in certain country (therefore, valuable & pricey) but plenty and cheap at another.

Hein and Chien, Morita has already specified that the plants are approximately 10 cm, therefore you know the size.

Hein, who cares about the market in the country, Morita has already given you the set price of $200 US. No more, no less.

Ok Morita, I don't think anyone is about to hand over your asking price for your list of plants, especially unbloomed seedlings without documentation of parentage. I'd fork over $100 if I didn't already have some of those species, and of course IF I had the money.

I bet some forum members would purchase individual plants or maybe 2 or 3 of those, but that may not be economical depending of where they are shipping from and where they are being delivered.

cdub said:
Hein and Chien, Morita has already specified that the plants are approximately 10 cm, therefore you know the size.

Hein, who cares about the market in the country, Morita has already given you the set price of $200 US. No more, no less.

Ok Morita, I don't think anyone is about to hand over your asking price for your list of plants, especially unbloomed seedlings without documentation of parentage. I'd fork over $100 if I didn't already have some of those species, and of course IF I had the money.

I bet some forum members would purchase individual plants or maybe 2 or 3 of those, but that may not be economical depending of where they are shipping from and where they are being delivered.

I agree with you partially (at least on individual plant).
I think Morita would like to gage the demand for his list.
Therefore to really give him the correct answer, the responder does have to state where he live. SLIPPERTALK does have international members.
An anitum in philippines does not move anybody, but to US w/ paper would bring a lot of money.
Perhaps the list should be choice (mix match) of total 10 plants, this way, like you say, it will be more attractive to the buyer who does not like 1/2 of the list.
He can specify minimum 2 or 3 species per order so he does not run out of stock on a particular one.

Hien said:
Marco, To make it attractive to a Parvi fan, I would suggest to subtitute the list with:
1) hangianum
2) hangianum alba
3) emersonii var huonglanae
4) malipoense
5) malipoense var jackii
6) malipoense var jackii alba
7) armeniacum
8) armeniacum var markii
9) micranthum
10) micranthum var eburneum
11) micranthum var albo flavum
12) micranthum var glanzeanum
13) vietnamense
14) vietnamense alba
15) delenatii
16) delenatii dunkel
17) delemnatii alba
Hien, I think this went right over everyone's head! LOL:)

Thanks for the feedback.
Just that at this point, i am studing the possiblity to market it as cheap and economicall to all.
These paph sib crossing are not from the current gene pool or and award paph parantage. This are the second gen offspring x 3 gen offspring of the wild captivated paph.
As for the other Parvi paph, no intentions to market this group as yet. Awaiting approval for their CITES applications. Its not easy, but its worth the try.

I am just a small paph hobbyist, not doing it these for the profit. But to download to make more space for other paph and perhaps PK!
Ban

In my opinion, you got a great deal. What? You just edited your message! Your prior message said you received these plants from a friend and were wondering if you over paid for them. So, what's the deal?? Sounds sort of fishy, editing your message that now your looking into marketing them....

Candace said:
In my opinion, you got a great deal. What? You just edited your message! Your prior message said you received these plants from a friend and were wondering if you over paid for them. So, what's the deal?? Sounds sort of fishy, editing your message that now your looking into marketing them....
Yes, i did paid that amount for these paph.
I am also given the right to market them, hence i edit the message.
Sorry for the confustions.

Back