Will soap or alcohol hurt my opening blooms?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate spider mites!!! I've found them on a few of my thinner leaf plants this winter. Finally decided to get out the humidifier, I've been lazy about the low humidity and I think that's been part of the problem.
But what SFLguy is describing doesn't sound like it's effecting the plant just the potting medium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember every time you stick the stick into the pot you could be damaging roots and allowing infection in.
I thought of that when I started using them, I put the stick in softly and don't push if there's any resistance. At this point there's a hole in the medium that is just slightly larger than the skewer. The skewer slides in without even a bit of resistance.

I hate spider mites!!! I've found them on a few of my thinner leaf plants this winter. Finally decided to get out the humidifier, I've been lazy about the low humidity and I think that's been part of the problem.
But what SFLguy is describing doesn't sound like it's effecting the plant just the potting medium.

They're definitely not spider mites. I found those on one very small plant that I was able to control for

I don't know anything about mites, but I love that bloom! What a fabulous showing! I hope my callosum does that well when it flowers ... one day ... :)

They're definitely not spider mites. I found those on one very small plant that I was able to control for

That's good! What you were describing didn't sound anything like spider mites. I still think what you have is just soil mites.
How's the bloom coming along?!

That's good! What you were describing didn't sound anything like spider mites. I still think what you have is just soil mites.
How's the bloom coming along?!

It's open but the dorsal hasn't finished curling so I'm letting that happen before taking a picture haha

Latest posts

Back