Will I see it before I leave ?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myxodex

Reaction score
My single growth P. hookerae plant has been pushing up this bud slowly. I'm off on holiday for three weeks from the 22 Feb and I want to cut it off before I go ... to let the plant give it's energy to the tiny new growth, but I also want to see a hookerae flower for the first time!
hookeraebudei5.jpg

Cheers,
Tim

Tim, you can't have your cake and eat it too! Unless the plant is in seriously bad shape, the flower is likely be there when you get back, and cutting it off then will give that new growth a bit of a head start.

If you will only be gone 3 weeks, leave it....it should still be good when you get back...Eric

You were all right, thanks. It did open before I left, and was in better from when I got back. Unfortunately I only have the before holiday pic and the flower did "reorganise" itself when I was away. I've seen much nicer hookerae's before ... but hey, it's it's first flower and I'm happy ... especially as it's making a move on two new growths.
hookeraeskewjj1.jpg

The dorsal did become lighter around the margins and the petals lifted and stretched out a bit so that there lower edges were a little above the bottom of the pouch ... didn't get time to take a photo.
Cheers,
Tim

Latest posts

Back