wilhelminiae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many thanks, Friends.
Leslie, honestly I can t give you special tip, you are a most better grower, than me. I only suppose that plant needs a little lower temp in winter ( 18 Celsius at me) for bud induction. This winter I kept my orchids at lower temp because the price of electricity raised up to 6x(!!!!).Now many of paphis in bud this spring.

Many thanks, Friends.
Leslie, honestly I can t give you special tip, you are a most better grower, than me. I only suppose that plant needs a little lower temp in winter ( 18 Celsius at me) for bud induction. This winter I kept my orchids at lower temp because the price of electricity raised up to 6x(!!!!).Now many of paphis in bud this spring.
I am definitely not a better grower than you Istvan! You rock!

I’ll stick it colder next season. Maybe it will shock it into dying and therefore bloom to save itself lol.

Yep, the trick is to chill it down into the low teens C/low 50s F. It grows in Papua New Guinea, but it grows almost 2 kilometers in the air. Winter it in your wine cooler.

Nice!

My two large plants are growing and not blooming for last 4-5 years. Any tip?
I agree with the winter chill down advice. I bought a blooming size plant that also didn’t bloom for a few years. It formed a nice big clump, then bloomed several years in a row, even though it was in the same spot and I didn’t change anything about the culture. Some clones might just want to be a big mature clump before they decide to bloom?

Latest posts

Back