wilhelminae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
super cool i being looking for one for a well ! back in the day the was all over look like no one grows anymore! make super nice hybrids congratulations

super cool i being looking for one for a well ! back in the day the was all over look like no one grows anymore! make super nice hybrids congratulations
I believe Paph Paradise has some plants to buy, and he is in your state if I recall correctly.

I agree, this is a nice species. Curious what it would look like crossed with anitum.

Last edited:
I have a well developed capsule (selfing) on mine but that is a long way from seedlings. If it even makes it through the lab. It was everywhere in the late 90s if I recall.

Back when Susan Booth was popular the good dark ones were made with wilhelmineae. But they changed the name and they are all William Ambler. Someone needs to remake those too.

I believe Paph Paradise has some plants to buy, and he is in your state of I recall correctly.

I agree, this is a nice species. Curious what it would look like crossed with anitum.
i ask they are to small now! is k i have time to wait my anitun and adductum are 2 years or more to flower!

Love this species, but 4 flowers is certainly ambitious!
Not quite. Klinge in the Netherlands sold a lot of Paph praestans x wilhelminiae in the late 90's-early 2000's.

The only difference with a true wilhelminiae is that they are easier to grow, and usually have 3-4 flowers per spike. A large batch went ( along with jackii x malipoense... ready at the same time) to the US, to a famous Paph nursery. Though I never saw them sold as hybrids.

Latest posts

Back