Wildlife Smuggling in Thailand: A Matter of Convenience

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do solar panels work at the outer edge of the solar system?

But I still think we should keep earth species on earth until someone from some other world asks for them. WOW I bet that will be tough to get export permits for.

Do solar panels work at the outer edge of the solar system?

But I still think we should keep earth species on earth until someone from some other world asks for them. WOW I bet that will be tough to get export permits for.

Good point Lance! For deep space, you'd better use a nuclear power pack for energy. That would send the price up and considering the short supply of plutonium available these days for space probes, it's an iffy proposition.

Not to sound like Dr Evil in the Austin Powers movies, we could use a ''giant laser'' :) to charge up the solar panels as the probe gets deeper into space. A third solution would be to use both the solar panels for ion drive and gravity assists from the inner planets to send the probe on it's way. To avoid overheating the content, the probe should reflect most of the light it gets from the sun and rotate, which it would probably do anyway for stability.

As for aliens, I think they are here already. Personnally, I would never count the light-years needed to get my morning coffee and new orchids. And there must be an app on their Apple tablet equivalent to do away with inspectors. :rollhappy:

Good point Lance! For deep space, you'd better use a nuclear power pack for energy. That would send the price up and considering the short supply of plutonium available these days for space probes, it's an iffy proposition.

Maybe Iran will have a sale next week on plutonium? Maybe next month they will pay us to haul it away?

Not to sound like Dr Evil in the Austin Powers movies, we could use a ''giant laser'' :) to charge up the solar panels as the probe gets deeper into space.

Maybe just send it until it stops and don't worry about getting to the edge? Half way should be out of our reach since no one could get back with it because they would be out of fuel too.

A third solution would be to use both the solar panels for ion drive and gravity assists from the inner planets to send the probe on it's way. To avoid overheating the content, the probe should reflect most of the light it gets from the sun and rotate, which it would probably do anyway for stability.

Why not get towed out by a passing asteroid?

As for aliens, I think they are here already.

Yes we are.

Personnally, I would never count the light-years needed to get my morning coffee and new orchids.

Agree

And there must be an app on their Apple tablet equivalent to do away with inspectors. :rollhappy:

Can we boost the apps power a little and zap a few other officials?

See I already like your book. ;)

Latest posts

Back