Wild Orchids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendy

Just me!
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures from my trip to the Bruce Peninsula. Some of the pics are pretty bad but I have yet to figure out how to use my camera properly. They looked good on the view finder. only to find out they were pretty crappy when I got home to download them.

In order.....
Cyp reginae
Plantanthera dilitata (tall white bog orchid)
Cyp calceolus
Colopogon (grass pink)
Cyp acaule (almost done blooming)
Galearis spectabilis (Showy Orchis)
Ram's Head Lady Slipper (Cyp arietinum) Bad pic!
Striped Coral Root (Corallorhiza striata)

2006_0212Image0005.jpg

2006_0212Image0006.jpg

2006_0212Image0003.jpg

2006_0212Image0009.jpg

2006_0212Image0012.jpg

2006_0212Image0014.jpg

2006_0212Image0015.jpg

2006_0212Image0018.jpg

Still pretty kewl though Wendy... esp seeing that Cyp arietinaum is still around... I thought it was meant to be really rare...

what's the last orchid? I like the stripes... and also the really bright pink flower that looks like a crucifix orchid?

I just added the list of names at the top of the thread.

The only one we didn't find was the Calypso...we looked all day yesterday on Flowerpot Island and didn't find any. All in all we saw about 28 different orchids and about half were in bloom or just finishing. My camera wouldn't take a good closeup so i didn't bother.

You know guys....if any of you that are close enough want to go on this trip next year, let me know. Margaret organizes one almost every year and she goes first class. We get our monies worth and way more. Our trip this year was for two days and included a motor coach (REALLY nice one), guide, breakfast, lunch and dinner plus motel. The boat trip was also included...and the cost was only $229 CANADIAN.

So if you want to go (next year) send me an email or PM and i will let Margaret know. (she works with Trip Central and is also an orchid grower)

Wendy said:
You know guys....if any of you that are close enough want to go on this trip next year, let me know. Margaret organizes one almost every year and she goes first class. We get our monies worth and way more. Our trip this year was for two days and included a motor coach (REALLY nice one), guide, breakfast, lunch and dinner plus motel. The boat trip was also included...and the cost was only $229 CANADIAN.

So if you want to go (next year) send me an email or PM and i will let Margaret know. (she works with Trip Central and is also an orchid grower)

I don't live in Canada :(

Latest posts

Back