Why is the unread posts in the top right corner no longer working?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

emydura

Reaction score
When I open up Slippertalk the first thing I would do is click on the link in the top right hand corner which would bring up all the new posts since I last logged on. This hasn't worked for a while for me. It doesn't matter what browser I use or whether I use my computer at home or work, this feature no longer functions properly. Is there a fix for this or is it a problem with the site?

I'm finding it frustrating as there are so many threads I am missing.

silence882

Lurker
ST Supporter
Reaction score
This happens to me as well. If I clear my cache then click the link it works fine.

tomkalina

Vendor
Reaction score
I've given up on it as well. Clearing cache works for a short period of time , then the problem reappears.

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
I will be checking into what it will take to upgrade the forum software again after the auction.

Also, Moved this thread to this forum so that all the threads on this topic are in the same place.

gonewild

Grower
Reaction score
I have the same problem. But as long as I dont allow any upgrades after Feb1,2016 it functions as normal.
I dont know what upgarde causes it or if more than one does. So i restored my system to a Jan. date and don't allow Windows, Firefox, Adobe, Java, ect to update their software. As long as I do that I don't have to clear cache or cookies.

So it seems to me that the problem is in the vBulletin (forum) software not being compatible with the operating systems new upgrades.

C

Cat

I have the same problem. But as long as I dont allow any upgrades after Feb1,2016 it functions as normal.
I dont know what upgarde causes it or if more than one does. So i restored my system to a Jan. date and don't allow Windows, Firefox, Adobe, Java, ect to update their software. As long as I do that I don't have to clear cache or cookies.

So it seems to me that the problem is in the vBulletin (forum) software not being compatible with the operating systems new upgrades.
I've been doing the same thing. Never had this problem before until then.

emydura

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Clearing the cookies does fix the problem but like everyone else, I have to do it before each time I go into Slippertalk. Fingers crossed there will be a fix for this bug in the future.

mrhappyrotter

Grand Chupacabra
Reaction score
I was getting ready to come and post a new thread about this same issue -- glad I looked around first. The problem only started for me recently. Any word on potential fixes? When I visit the site, I've always used the Unread posts to view the new stuff.

It affects all my desktop computers (tried different OSes and browsers). I don't think that clearing the cookies reliably fixes the issue for me.

gonewild

Grower
Reaction score
I only solved the problem by not allowing any software on my computer to upgrade. But that was back then, have not had the problem since. but at some point by not upgrading i expect something else to stop working.

mrhappyrotter

Grand Chupacabra
Reaction score
This problem seems to raise it's ugly head whenever MS updates things.
Possibly, but it affects all the browsers and OSes I've tested (mobile/desktop, Android/Windows/Linux, Chrome/Opera/Firefox).

The problem is getting worse. Now when I click either "New Posts" or the unread posts links, it takes me to a page that says "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Linus_Cello

Reaction score
Possibly, but it affects all the browsers and OSes I've tested (mobile/desktop, Android/Windows/Linux, Chrome/Opera/Firefox).

The problem is getting worse. Now when I click either "New Posts" or the unread posts links, it takes me to a page that says "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."
I think I have a similar problem, but it's only on my laptop that uses Windows 10. (iphone and ipad are fine, along with work computer that is not W10)

Latest posts