Why I will not be growing in my backyard anytime soon.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
This lovely creature is munching on my overgrown yard this morning. A good 3" long.
I am glad I didn't step on it. Ew.
img0573ls9.jpg

That is disgusting. I HATE snails and slugs. They give me the shivers.

i scream like a little girl every time i accidentally touch one (i never touch one on purpose...). don't tell anyone, though, please....

likespaphs said:
i scream like a little girl every time i accidentally touch one (i never touch one on purpose...). don't tell anyone, though, please....

Your secret's out!
:)

The other night I was grilling back there and put the cover down on the grill and there was a small slug on the handle, which I didn't see, and ewwwww! I hate that feeling!

Thats nothing compared to the armadillo ravaging my backyard.

I've been stalking that evil armored beast for a week now!! I've sat on my porch with my SKS assault rifle night after night and nothing but holes the next day. I'm installing my night scope tomorrow. I'll get him.

Get some iron phosphate bait (sold as Sluggo or Escar-Go). The stuff works wonders on slugs, better than metaldehyde, and completely safe...you can even use it on veggies. Personally, when I've been truly motivated for revenge (and believe me, what's worse than the damage to your plants it stepping on them in bare feet...something I've done too many times...) I've gone out at night with a flashlight and bamboo skewer...I spear as many as I find, then stick the skewer in the ground in a place where I know they will get full sun come daytime...cruel? Yes......do I care?..........................? Revenge is sweet! Take care, Eric

Ron, I bet that was fun. You should leave the slugs alone as they will eat everything, i.e. living lawn maintenance...Only sadists use salt! Hehehe. E.

Sluggo is a good idea.....but when I know the slugs are in the greenhouse and see where they have been, I go out there at night with a flashlight and my spray bottle of rubbing alcohol. It kills on contact, and you get the satisfaction of watching them squirm.

I personally recommend a 50/50 mix of concentrated hydrochloric acid and nitric acid. :evil:

Latest posts

Back