Why can't every Monday be like this!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Cat

I got a surprise box in from fvgardens today. I have know idea what they are at the moment since I kinda just sent them some money and told them to surprise me with different orchids. I let them pick the plants out for me. I will update what I got later.

Woah! Great haul! Charlotte from FV is wonderful and always sends the best of what she has when you buy with her.

The taller plants look a bit shipping rumpled, but they'll
straighten out just fine. Cat, you did well. Most of our
nursery customers just call in an order. They know our
nursery manager will pick the very best trees for them.
Sometimes customers who come here to tag their trees
pick ones that we'd plow under. A trustworthy vendor
is an asset!

This is what I got. The Phrags do seem to have a little something going on but it's not as bad as the pictures make them look. I also re-potted everything and the roots on every plant are very healthy and strong. I did send an e-mail to ask about the Phrags and I'm just waiting to hear back. It was probably caused form shipping since the package got stuck over the weekend witch is not fvgardens fault at all. Canada Post doesn't seem to always keep their word with delivery and a 2 day shipping turns into a week.

- Onc. Twinkle 'Fantasy'
- Odontocidium Sunny Daze 'Hilo Bay'
- Onc. Heaven Scent 'Redolence'
- Masd. Maui Gold
- Phrag. Kovachii x 4
- Phrag. Barbara Leann x Besseae
- Phrag.Fritz Schomberg (Kovachii x Besseae)
- Paph. Wardii Alba
- Paph. Wardii
- paph. superbiens
- paph. Dayanum
- paph. Norito Hasegawa
- paph Franz Glanz

That's a big order!
I hope brown patches on the phrags are dry and not spreading. You are brave to just let them select stuff... What if they sent you something you don't like:)poke:)

The brown patches are dry and strong. Feels like any normal leaf to the touch. My guess is that they got some cold damage. We have been having double digits for a few weeks now in my area but last week we had 2 days where the temperature dropped below zero. Now it's back in the double digits....dam weather.

Here are some more orchids I have received from fvgardens to use as a reference. They have not been in my care for very long and you can see how happy and healthy they are. This is what you can expect when buying some plants from them.

The brown patches are dry and strong. Feels like any normal leaf to the touch. My guess is that they got some cold damage. We have been having double digits for a few weeks now in my area but last week we had 2 days where the temperature dropped below zero. Now it's back in the double digits....dam weather.

i thought cold damage when i saw the picture. if that is the case then i think they will.grow through it.

Just to keep you updated. Terry called me today and offered a full refund do to the cold damages on the Phrags or to replace them and send them at a later time to avoid any damage. They are very nice people.

Back