• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

who's game?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not I. I don't even want to think about the guilt I'd feel if I killed a wild collected plant and/or directly contributed to wild collecting something that I killed. That feeling would be worse if I spent that kind of money and it died.

I saw this a while ago. I often wondered how this has been going on for so long. For years at least this seller has been selling plants and almost always even says they are wild collected. Many different species. Someone of authority or power within that country's goverment has to of seen this or any of the other hundreds of listings. I imagine it would be pretty ovious if you ordered from this seller what you were shipping in.

Wild collected may still be legal for some plants, but not for paphs. Not that there shipping methods would be legal, regardless.

Buy it and put your name on the list the USFW is compiling!
That listing is so obvious a criminal violation that anyone buying from them would have no excuse or defense.

I bet under the Lacey Act even Ebay could be charged with trafficking in CITES protected species. But then Ebay probably allowed the USFW agent to place the ad. What an easy way to compile a list of criminals!

There's a "report item" link on the auction. If enough people complain, I would imagine it will be pulled.

Latest posts

Back