• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Who’s ordering from Sam’s flask sale?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well... you sent me looking... then heard the words from Theresa Hill in my ears... what do you want to flower 10 or 20 plants of...

so when thinking about it that way... maybe the Delrosii and the Berenice album back on lowii album...

tough call lots of selections that i'd like 2 or 3 of... to get through the genetics lottery... ;-)

well... you sent me looking... then heard the words from Theresa Hill in my ears... what do you want to flower 10 or 20 plants of...

so when thinking about it that way... maybe the Delrosii and the Berenice album back on lowii album...

tough call lots of selections that i'd like 2 or 3 of... to get through the genetics lottery... ;-)
I am about a year away from (hopefully) flowering a whole crop of fairrieanum. 7 out of 25 druryi seem to have made it through to survival. I’d be happy to flower 20 of his Brachypetalums!

well that will certainly be a sight... would love to have the room to do 20 multiflorals... have to change some existing priorities ;-)

Sam is not shipping to Canada due to delays in getting permits due to pandemic and new government changes! Would have been nice to do another order but I already have too many delenatii seedlings!

I will try to restrain myself, I just picked up a dozen flasks of my own stuff... I usually get at least a dozen flasks from Sam every year. But I'm really close to being out of space.

Sam is not shipping to Canada due to delays in getting permits due to pandemic and new government changes! Would have been nice to do another order but I already have too many delenatii seedlings!
Sorry to hear that. I bet he’d hold purchases for you if something was essential… that vini flask is a temptrix for sure…

Wow whatcha got cooking’? 😜😜😜
A couple of complex crosses with low germination and I finally got some wardii back from the lab. My FCC wardii was cursed (tried three separate pods with it), this is my second best one selfed. I have a lot of wardii, my second best is pretty darn good, I'll take it. :) Ended up with six flasks, I am tempted to grow them all out but that might be a bad idea...

A couple of complex crosses with low germination and I finally got some wardii back from the lab. My FCC wardii was cursed (tried three separate pods with it), this is my second best one selfed. I have a lot of wardii, my second best is pretty darn good, I'll take it. :) Ended up with six flasks, I am tempted to grow them all out but that might be a bad idea...
I’m curious what happened with your best plant’s pods? Are you giving up? What about crossing it with your second, or making it a pollen parent? I have a weird wardii in spike now. Probably nothing super special; came in a “compot”‘ of one tiny rooted seedling and two rootless teeny tiny deflasked nonentities; two years later, they’re all still alive. The spiking plant is barely 5 inches across and is spiking out of a secondary growth that’s climbing halfway up the stem of the seedling, which seems to have a stalled bud down in the crown…then there’s a third new growth appearing out of the spiking growth, climbing yet further! I don’t know wardii at all, I just liked the leaves. I know it’s not a good idea but I still pounce sometimes on eBay adventures when I’m bored. Guess we’ll see about the flower.

Attachments

• ACA61411-21A6-430C-A7E0-1C01B61FF415.jpeg
    ACA61411-21A6-430C-A7E0-1C01B61FF415.jpeg
    242 KB · Views: 3
I’m curious what happened with your best plant’s pods? Are you giving up? What about crossing it with your second, or making it a pollen parent? I have a weird wardii in spike now. Probably nothing super special; came in a “compot”‘ of one tiny rooted seedling and two rootless teeny tiny deflasked nonentities; two years later, they’re all still alive. The spiking plant is barely 5 inches across and is spiking out of a secondary growth that’s climbing halfway up the stem of the seedling, which seems to have a stalled bud down in the crown…then there’s a third new growth appearing out of the spiking growth, climbing yet further! I don’t know wardii at all, I just liked the leaves. I know it’s not a good idea but I still pounce sometimes on eBay adventures when I’m bored. Guess we’ll see about the flower.
Comedy of errors. I don't even remember what happened to the first two, third one got contaminated, plant started to die on the fourth attempt and I think it managed to complete the process. Everything I made with the pollen was subject to some misadventure, seemed fertile enough just bad luck getting plants out. Such is life.

Grow them all!!!!

Grow them all!!!!

Ditto to that if you can afford the space at least wardii isn't kolopokingii... :)

growing out a hundred or so of a grex puts you into a great situation.... hate that OZ went south... it was awesome to go there and see a couple hundred of a grex to pick through.... kinda ruins you for collecting when even visiting sam the best you see is 20 or 30... but we're typically stuck ordering remotely and just taking what you get...

Thinking the next best thing is getting out to gold country to see what David has going on.... assuming he'd support a visit...

Latest posts

Back