While I'm flattered...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is contact information for copyright infringements but I don’t like the silent approach. I prefer an open discussion. It’s something that happens way to much, particularly from vendors using photos to sell their products.

The icon that appears in your browser for this website. In this case it’s a small red Cattleya pygmaea, which funnily enough has nothing to do with slippers lol

It is odd! I don’t see it anywhere using safari or chrome (on phone) but if you do a google search for slippertalk, in the results there is a red sophronitis to the left of the address. Anywhere else, I see the red besseae

just noticed it here in tabs view on my phone; icon to left of the page address. No idea how google collects and displays the icon
FC493F07-68EC-4FF3-A988-B0B902BCE7F3.jpeg

Last edited:
It is not seen on the website page in Safari on a desktop Mac UNLESS you create a new tab! The Slippertalk tab then shows the small red Cattleya to the left of the page title on the tab. This can't be a Safari choice so I think you are right that sometime, maybe long ago, the Slippertalk builder selected that image.

There is contact information for copyright infringements but I don’t like the silent approach. I prefer an open discussion. It’s something that happens way to much, particularly from vendors using photos to sell their products.
I totally understand your approach and how you feel... some years ago, Seatle Orchids and Norman's Orchids, probably a few others used my photos for their listings without my permission, I told everyone about it on forums.

Last edited:
I totally understand your approach and how you feel... some years ago, Seatle Orchids and Norman's Orchids, probably a few others used my photos for their listings without my permission, I told everyone about it on forums.

Oh yes, had that too. I only bother with phone photos these days for that reason. And if you protest some of them are even insulting about it.

Back