Whhooooo!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
My $750,000 grant proposal is out the door, three whole hours early. And even better, it actually sounds like science!

Now to get caught up on the rest of my life.

Fancy molecular biology stuff... How technical do you want?

It is effectively a platform for seeing how proteins bind to DNA. That is pretty easy, but we are scaling it up so you can look at how a protein might bind to thousands of bits of DNA all at the same time. It is a technology called ChIP (Chromatin ImmunoPrecipitation) on CHIP (microarray).

Groups are already doing it in biomedical research (within the last couple years), but nobody has tried to develop a chip for farm animals (we use moo-cows).

Nothing to technical. I get all stupified with words past 3 syllabels. lol A brief in a nutshell about "Fancy molecular biology stuff" is good enough for me :poke:.

But, yeah I hope all goes well with the proposal. :)

Yeah, that went right over my head. You would have targeted my level by saying the grant was for "shooting cows with lasers".

Heh, shooting cows with lasers. That's funny. :D

(Please don't shatter my dreams by telling me you are not, in fact, going to be shooting cows with lasers.)

Thanks for the ideas! *grin* Gives me my next grant application: "Effects of coherent light radiation on bovines".

Might be something in there from the beef lobby. Maybe it is a more efficient (or tasty) way to prepare a meal?

Only if you can find a way to make a BBQ flavored laser. I think we may be onto something here.

Latest posts

Back