• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Where to get Angracoids in FL

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gore42

I'm in the Sarasota area, but I'd like to buy some Angracoids and not worry about shipping. Anyone know a good place that has them, well grown? I'd hate to drive to Miami or something and find that the plants are all battered and buggy... :)

- Matthew Gore

I'm in the Sarasota area, but I'd like to buy some Angracoids and not worry about shipping. Anyone know a good place that has them, well grown? I'd hate to drive to Miami or something and find that the plants are all battered and buggy... :)

- Matthew Gore

Judged a bunch of shows here since July and haven't seen many angraecoids on show or sales tables, but the big ones are just into their season. There was one vendor at the Ft Pierce OS show in fall that had a bunch of perfectly grown, spiking Angraecum Veitchii if I remember right, but that's all they had- maybe 20 of the same grex and no others. You might be able to track the vendor down through the FPOS. They were the northern-most tent at the sale. There were a couple Ang sesq at the Manatee River OS show last weekend (just down I75 from Sarasota), but none for sale. Good luck!

Dot,

I'm in Florida indefinitely. That is, I'm here for at least several months, until I decide whether I'll enjoy actually living here. So far, I'm really enjoying the fact that I can comfortably go to the beach in the middle of January :)

Thanks Ernie!

I emailed Camp Lot A Noise / Clan Orchids here in town, but they were not eager to let me visit their greenhouse.

- Matthew

I got a Aerangis modesta and an ellisii hybrid from Krull-Smith in Jan 2010, and I think they had a few more at the time too.

Forrest

Dot,

I'm in Florida indefinitely. That is, I'm here for at least several months, until I decide whether I'll enjoy actually living here. So far, I'm really enjoying the fact that I can comfortably go to the beach in the middle of January :)

Must be quite different from Colorado!

I got a Aerangis modesta and an ellisii hybrid from Krull-Smith in Jan 2010, and I think they had a few more at the time too.

Forrest

Mmmm... Krull-Smith. I had forgotten about them. I love their Paph. lowii breeding. I'll send them an email, thanks!

- Matt

Krull Smith is now June's Orchid estate I think

Nope. K-S just sold the slippers to June's. K-S is still in Apopka and has catts, phals, and a mix of stuff. Haven't been there yet- they're only open on weekdays.

Joanne, I hate to contradict you. I've tried contacting Frank threw this forum and gotten no results. He's a very busy man and usually doesn't have time to join us here. I would suggest contacting the orchid house directly.

Same here. Even e's to the general K-S e-mail address go unanswered more than half the time. Call them M-F between 10 and maybe 3 or 4.

I was just taking a look at a map (still a little shaky on my Florida geography), and I see that it would be a few hundred miles (round trip) to visit Krull-Smith. I suspect that having something shipped in would cost a little less :) , and I'll put off the visit until I'm in the area on some other business already.

- Matt

I was just taking a look at a map (still a little shaky on my Florida geography), and I see that it would be a few hundred miles (round trip) to visit Krull-Smith. I suspect that having something shipped in would cost a little less :) , and I'll put off the visit until I'm in the area on some other business already.

- Matt

Yeah, I was in Palmetto last weekend and it was a little over 2 hours each way. Apopka is west of us, but farther north.

If you find a seller even in a nursery , you can ask for a picture of the exact plant they are selling. vendors with good plants will usually accept to email a picture. Vendors of smaller, battered plants tend to be less compliant.

Latest posts

Back