Where to buy supplies?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a large number of plants that need to be repotted this spring, and I'd like to stock up on supplies before I start that project. I'd like some medium bark, fine bark, coco chips, and pumice, as well as a few different pot sizes. I've ordered everything separately in the past, but, is there one place I can get it all together? or does anyone have a favorite vendor?

I've gotten my bark and coco products from Josh's Frogs the past few times I bought them. I don't think they carry the pumice, though. Also, these days you can find a lot of these things on Walmart and Amazon websites, if you're down for those sorts of retailers. I'm not saying they don't exist, but the only small businesses / non-corporate businesses I've found that "carry it all" tend to be way too expensive (compared to buying from several different places), particularly once shipping is factored into the cost, and these days those places tend to have a lot of items that are out of stock making it that much harder to find a place that carries everything you need.

I've gotten my bark and coco products from Josh's Frogs the past few times I bought them. I don't think they carry the pumice, though. Also, these days you can find a lot of these things on Walmart and Amazon websites, if you're down for those sorts of retailers. I'm not saying they don't exist, but the only small businesses / non-corporate businesses I've found that "carry it all" tend to be way too expensive (compared to buying from several different places), particularly once shipping is factored into the cost, and these days those places tend to have a lot of items that are out of stock making it that much harder to find a place that carries everything you need.

I try not to use Walmart and Amazon, whenever possible. I also use Josh's for coco husk. Bonsai Jack for pumice and charcoal. I don't have a go-to place for bark, but I'll take a look at what Josh's Frogs has for options.

I buy almost all of my orchid potting medium via Amazon because they deliver quickly
and always have what I'm looking for at a decent price. Amazon has workers who
have to make a living.

I use Josh’s frogs for Orchiata and other things. In past best prices however I thinking on everything in the world has gone up lately.

According to the news I've heard, Amazon is improving conditions for the workers and
raised salaries to 15.00 an hour. It's not enough I realize, but with so many unemployed,
it's a start. At least they do have a job.

This is not true, call 844-672-4432 but, it all depends on what you consider "large".
(Minor thread hijack) What is going on with Kelly's? They filled my recent order, but they're out of a lot of stuff and won't return my emails. Before the most recent business sale, they were really good.

i have in the past purchased all my clear pots from chula orchids in oregon...

chulaorchids.com it really pays if you are buying more than 50ish pots of a size... i've learned that i SHOULD have purchased on the order of 200-300 of a size from them in the past... prices have gone up , and some of the pots they used to sell they don't have anymore...

anyway they are the actual source for many of the online retailers for the clear pots sold for orchids...

>> and thanx for the bonsai jacks reference... i got pumice at home depot because shipping was free but jacks appears free also... :)

I try not to use Walmart and Amazon, whenever possible. I also use Josh's for coco husk. Bonsai Jack for pumice and charcoal. I don't have a go-to place for bark, but I'll take a look at what Josh's Frogs has for options.
Before the current supply chain/shipping crisis, Josh’s Frogs was the best place for Irchiatta unless getting a pallet. Now with shipping issues it’s gone up, but may still be the best.

Latest posts

Back