• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Where do you buy your slipper flasks?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silence882

Horse whisperer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering where everyone buys their slipper flasks from. I have traditionally gotten mine from Orchid Inn and Chuck Acker. I have almost always been very happy with them.

What experiences have everyone else had with buying flasks?

--Stephen

I only do species and work with Troy Meyers (Meyers Conservancy) for about 95% of the seedlings I recieve. I think since about 2003.

I send seed from my breeding, and get back a free flask of babies. He also sells flasks (actually deflasked seedlings) and some started plants.

I've imported a few flasks (with only about 50% success) and picked up a random compot here and there, but I've pretty much just kept all my flasking business with Troy.

Orchid Inn is one of my favorites, also Marilyn Ledoux at Windy Hill, she sends a list once or twice a year. Meyer's Conservatory for the odd ball non-slippper orchids.

Chuck Acker is a definite go to for Phrag hybrids, he has a fair number of Paph hybrids also.

I've bought my compots from Chuck Acker and WindyHill. WindyHill's plants always stand out in a collection. I've started to buy from Fox Valley and am very happy with his compots - superb!

Bought Phrags. from Woodstream when at shows.
Hobby flasks, at the 8-10 count, is enough for me.

Orchid Inn, Chuck Acker, Woodstream, Orchids Limited (rarely offer flasks, but have excellent ones when they do!) Troy Meyers. Must try Marilyn LeDoux!

I dont want to do flasks anymore, too much mortality. I ask vendors if they can compot them for me, Chuck Acker's the man for top notch new Phrags!

Orchid Inn and Springwater but i am burnt out on flasks, lost too many to death also..if i buy flasks anymore, they have to be hybrids (excepting adductum and leuchochilum)

Latest posts

Back