Where and Where Not To Buy Slippers On Ebay

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The obviously wild collected ones?

Eric how could you be outbidded?
I just check what you guys talking about.
They are the cheapest price anywhen & anywhere I ever came across.
I wish all the plants that died on me were that cheap. I was so tempted to bid but, chickened out at the last minute because I knew I still have too many plants to take care of (I don't have a greenhouse, imagine water each plant, one by one:eek::eek::eek:).
I also notice there was one bidder, who kept bidding & winning more of the same thing, at least three times (perhaps more) of many 10x, 20x, How many armeniacums can one:crazy: grow?

i've had mostly good experiences on ebay. Most of the vendors with great plants have already been mentioned. I have had one experience, though, that was quite unfortunate. The vendor sells WONDERFUL non-slipper orchids, and really hard to find species. He had come into (and is still auctioning) a lot of slippers from a hobby grower's greenhouse. The Phrags I got were in pretty poor condition with very few, or no, functional roots.

I think what it comes down to is asking the right questions. Ask where the plant is from. Ask when it was last repotted, when it last bloomed. I don't even think there's anything wrong with asking why they're selling a specific plant (especially in the case of specimen plants offered at low prices). Most good vendors I've encountered will happily answer any of these questions. If they can't, or won't answer them...probably a good hint to steer clear

:)

The jproblem is I use a second party to bid so I dont have lots of time to ask and wait for responses [also seconded] on plants. If I have good experience w/ the vendor, if I can see the actual plant, then I bid.

No, it means I don't have my own eBay account. If I did my collection and I would probably be broke and living on the street. I give money to someone to bid for me, it raises their rating and gets most stuff I bid on. Once in a while I cant get hold of the person and I miss something I want but at least I cant bid frivolously.

Has anyone bought divisions from the seller pahprag on ebay? Did they indeed turn out to be the actual plant purchased after it bloomed? Thanks.

I haven't purchased any divisions from paphrag, but I have purchased seedlings many times from him/her. Nice quality.

He's good. I've bought from him going back to before the days when he was on Ebay. His plants are high quality. Maybe not the largest for the price, but his quality is very good, and he can be trusted.

I’m wondering if there’s updated information on these sellers since this thread is quite old. I’m looking at a flask from orchidspeed on eBay and noted the negative comments here about them and also saw some more positive comments about then on another thread here. Has anyone had more recent positive or negative experience with this seller?

Latest posts

Back