Where and Where Not To Buy Slippers On Ebay

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are reasons nobody buys from her........prices are no bargain, long delays in shipping, and until recently she wouldn't take Paypal. Her plants aren't bad, but the whole point of Ebay is a good deal...and she doesn't offer one. There are so many other sources for great deals on Ebay...Mike's Orchids...RC-VN.......in addition to what's already been mentioned. Take care, Eric

I bought some nice Paph compots on E-Bay from both efgorchids carterandholmes.......not sure if anyone else has had any dealings with them but I was very pleased

Todd

Orchidspeed has been listing some of the exact same plants for going on three years now. I feel kind of bad for him/her.

Far far longer than 3 years. One of my first eBay purchases was from orchidspeed over 8 years ago, and they are still using the same photos and descriptions from that time. It saves me a lot of time because I recognize the photos and never have to look at those listings EVER. If they were offering the exact plant I wanted most at that moment for 5 cents, I wouldn't waste the nickel.

Rose,
I'm glad you are happy.
The sand seedlings are growing very quickly, both have put out 1 new leaf each(still growing)about 4" so far.
Tom

I've got to put in a good word for mijo730. My Ho Chi Minh was so well packed it took me 10 minutes to get it unwrapped. Oh and the bloom was beautiful.(I bought it in bud.

I'm pretty sure that OrchidTN, like many other ebayers including Thanh, are purchasing wholesale from places like Pine Ridge Orchids, Krull Smith, and OZ and are re-selling, so that the mix you are getting probably originated with the previous grower and not OrchidTN.

I know Thanh from springwaterorchids buys some paphs from Terry at Pine Ridge Orchids, I've seen him there. But he doesn't seem to be selling as many paphs as he used to these days.

Also this week I think I found the wholesaler for orchidtn and potterychef1, at least for some paphs. Newman's Nursery. I've been thinking of ordering directly but the minimum is $300.

Our Earl May here just got in some paphs from lehuaorchids. They were very nice looking and at a very reasonable price. Most all were still in tight bud for $24.95. There were a couple multi-bloomers for the same price.(Mt. Toro X's)

--Allen--

Thanh gets a lot of his paphs from Krull-Smith, and is quite open about which plants come from them.

Thanh gets a lot of his paphs from Krull-Smith, and is quite open about which plants come from them.

Did he move? I never realized he was in Melbourne I thought he was closer to Ft Lauderdale. Yeah he is open about where the plants come from. My info may be outdated. I know about 2 years ago alot of paph were from Pine Ridge, but he was selling alot of paphs back then. Now he's expanded to a whole bunch of different genera.

Mmmmm Melbourne. :) Went to FL Tech. Miss it!!! My plants would be happy there too!

-Ernie

Florida is too hot! It got to 80 here today and I thought I would die! :sob:

Dude, Melbourne is right on the Atlantic. Some of the best surf in FL and always a nice ocean breeze. 80 in Manhattan is WAY different than 80 in Melbourne.

-Ernie

Florida is too hot! It got to 80 here today and I thought I would die! :sob:

Dude, Melbourne is right on the Atlantic. Some of the best surf in FL and always a nice ocean breeze. 80 in Manhattan is WAY different than 80 in Melbourne. -Ernie

:rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy:
It was in the low 80's in the midwest too, we just need some acclimating!
No acclimating needed for nice ocean breezes!

Latest posts

Back