What's wrong? Or, Why won't my ping. bloom?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heather,

It looks like it is in its dormancy phase, hence no blooming. My suggestion: increase the heat (always above 80 degrees) and give it lots of water. That may induce it to bloom. Mine always look like your plant in the winter with short fleshy leaves and in summer the leaves get much bigger and the plants flower. I hope that helps.

Heather,

It looks like it is in its dormancy phase, hence no blooming. My suggestion: increase the heat (always above 80 degrees) and give it lots of water. That may induce it to bloom. Mine always look like your plant in the winter with short fleshy leaves and in summer the leaves get much bigger and the plants flower. I hope that helps.

I've had the same experince

Would have done the same, but (un)fortunately im right on the other side of earth.:evil:

:rolleyes:

I suggest you propagate!

Mine (all Mex) don't get to rest, as it's pretty tropical here. They are blooming again/still. (They're a bit dehydrated though.)

I don't know if the species makes any difference, and I'm not even sure what mine is, but mine quit blooming about a week ago then went into massive division mode.

It's in my pleurothallid box with pretty high humidity all the time. Constant 16 hour light cycle. Temps bounce a bit from the 60's to close to 80. I mist on it a little each day, and maybe once a week I make an effort to get some water to the roots (its overgrown the pot, and tends to deflect water when poured on from the top). I don't know what I'm doing with this thing, but it seems happy just hanging out with the rest of the pleuros.

Okay, have mercy, what is the actual name of the plant that Heather posted??:poke:

I just bought something like that at our Orchid Society meeting on Monday night; the lady that sold it to me called it a Mexican Soapwort and said that it's carnivorous and will eat fungus gnats. I've been trying to find out what the proper botanical name is....

Latest posts

Back