What's fer dinner?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quinoa topped with sauteed sliced portabellas, red bell peppers, and vegetarian 'italian sausage' link, sprinkled with soy sauce and garlic, complemented by a heavy whole-grain bread and of course the standard tall glass of cold water and of course a glass of chiled thick, oily, buttery but dry chardonnay.

Marinated shrimp in some water with sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, mint, garlic, shallot, lemongrass, and kaffir lime. After grilling, wrapped them in lettuce leaves with some rice noodles, mint leaves, and ground peanuts. While my daughter added hoisin sauce, I used a little Korean gyoshugang (???) sauce. I was too lazy to make nam cha for dipping.

Sorry...forgot my Vietnamese...I had meant nuoc cham, not nam cha.... so tonight, made 2 things. Took a red snapper fillet, dredged it in flour and seared it in olive oil....briefly, on both sides, then put it in the oven to finish. I added some butter and a split garlic clove to the oil, and seared some soft shell crabs in it. While they cooked, I made a sauce for the fish...sauteed garlic, shallot, and capers in olive oil. Added white wine (most of which I drank...a really nice Spanish wine whose name and varietal I completely forget, maybe because I had never heard of it), parsley, and a little chopped clam. Had it all with steamed asparagus, whole grain baguette, and some fresh picked snow peas, arugula, and arugula sylvatica.

last night had family barbecue; grilled venison spiedies w/marinated mushrooms, hot sausages, mild chicken sausages (all grillings in or on sourdough italian bread), the usual good veggie and pasta salads, along with home-made vanilla ice cream topped with strawberries picked that morning, with fresh whipped cream on top! mmmmmmm also forgot the extra extra sharp ny cheddar cheese and b+b pickles

oh, oh! forgot my aunt's baked beans with tons of crushed pineapple, bacon and a few other goodies inside; was excellent on top of the hot sausages (not italian sausages, not sure what kind)
don't you just love summer? :)

Nuoc cham? Let's see...off the top of my head, its sugar dissolved in a little hot water (just to help it dissolve), then equal amounts of fish sauce and lime juice, some thinly shaved garlic and carrot, and hot pepper, if you like that. That's about it. Like it because its so clean and minimal in its flavor...

last night had family barbecue; grilled venison spiedies w/marinated mushrooms, hot sausages, mild chicken sausages (all grillings in or on sourdough italian bread), the usual good veggie and pasta salads, along with home-made vanilla ice cream topped with strawberries picked that morning, with fresh whipped cream on top! mmmmmmm also forgot the extra extra sharp ny cheddar cheese and b+b pickles

oh, oh! forgot my aunt's baked beans with tons of crushed pineapple, bacon and a few other goodies inside; was excellent on top of the hot sausages (not italian sausages, not sure what kind)
don't you just love summer? :)

Dude, I hate you. :p

Need a good pasta salad recipe, none of that grocery store mayo macaroni crap. A good one.

I can't help but wonder if anyone else has the same reaction as I do when this thread comes up again in the live feed. My immediate reply is "What's for dinner? Meatloaf, again!?!". Guess I watched The Rocky Horror Picture Show too many times. :wink:

I am making my specialty, eggplant parmigiana. It is my favorite. I am done dredging and frying the eggplant slices. The tomatoes are taking a lot of time because I use fresh tomatoes. I do not use those canned tomato paste or whatever. The kids are hungry, but the tomato still needs to sit simmering. It will be quick once the tomatoes are ready. I just need to layer the sauce, eggplant and cheese on a pan and bake for a few minutes.

I am making my specialty, eggplant parmigiana. It is my favorite. I am done dredging and frying the eggplant slices. The tomatoes are taking a lot of time because I use fresh tomatoes. I do not use those canned tomato paste or whatever. The kids are hungry, but the tomato still needs to sit simmering. It will be quick once the tomatoes are ready. I just need to layer the sauce, eggplant and cheese on a pan and bake for a few minutes.
Sounds delicious -- I love eggplant parmigiana!

Latest posts

Back