What's BS for Paph Gloria Naugle?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

Whitecat8

Is this little one ever gonna bloom? It's in a 3.5" pot w/ 3 growths. None has bloomed, and each is putting out a new leaf.

The largest growth has a leaf span of 6.5," smallest is about 5.75."

I just read it may need closer to Catt light. Other than that, is it large enough to bloom?

Any other clues?

Thanks, Whitecat8

Ole Gloria can be a bit of a ***** sometimes. I've had a single growth GN bloom and then have a 4-5 growth that refuses to.

Some are really hard to flower and needs a good size clump to flower. Others may flower with one fan on a small plant like my plant it flowered with one fan and two very small growths. The other in the batch are already big and with many growth and are still unbosomed.

Ramon:)

Oh - this one is a roth x micranthum. Does the cross make any difference?

If not, it's sounding as if the Orchid Angels must smile on you, huh?

Thanks again, Whitecat8

Mine bloomed once a couple of years ago and has not again :mad: Many times it depends on which roth was used as the parent in the cross. When roth 'Mont Millais' is used you have a better chance of it blooming on a single growth.

Oh - this one is a roth x micranthum. Does the cross make any difference?
If not, it's sounding as if the Orchid Angels must smile on you, huh?
Thanks again, Whitecat8

As Ron indicated the roth used can make a BIG difference & it's my understanding that micranthum isn't always the easiest to bloom either.

Latest posts

Back