What's been in the greenhouse

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DavidH

Here's what's been in the greenhouse in the last month:

[
bellatulumsmallersize.jpg

This bellatulum is 7.6 cm wide and 8.2 cm high. I just recently discovered another bud on another growth underneath the current flower. A friend wants me to put his (bellatulum alba x niveum alba) pollen on it. His plant also had a very nice sized flower.

armeniacumxemersoniismallpic.jpg

malipoensexmicranthumsmallerpic.jpg

I just crossed these two plants two weeks ago. The Fanaticum has a second flower that just opened. The pollen did not take on the Franz Glanz, but I 'think' a seedpod is slowly forming on the Fanaticum. Norito Hasegawa didn't think it too likely the two plants would cross pollinate.

-Dave

Those are some awesome blooms! I especially like that Franz Glanz. I'd (almost) kill for one of those.

Also, I'm not trying to sound like a jerk at all here, but I don't think that last plant is a Fanaticum. Looks a lot like a Ma-Belle to me. The spots on the inside of the pouch seem to give that away to me.

You're right! It is a Ma Belle!!! I mislabeled what I typed and the tag actually has the parental names, not the hybrid name. I'm not too good at rememberiing all the names and I appreciate the correction!

That's the most unique Franz Glanz I've ever seen.
When I get one, I certainly hope it's white and yellow
like yours.....that is fabulous!

Very nice pictures.

Thanks for sharing.

Craig

Good news! I checked and the seed pod is definitely growing on the Ma Belle (Ma Belle x Franz Glanz).

I've also got another seedpod growing on my haynaldianum alba (haynaldianum alba x Franz Glanz). However, since two other seed pods formed on their own, I can't be sure if it really took or if the plant did a self-pollination. I popped off one of the other two seed pods so there's only two on the plant. The plant is the offspring off an FCC selfing.

Back