Quantcast

What's been in the greenhouse

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

D

DavidH

Here's what's been in the greenhouse in the last month:

[

This bellatulum is 7.6 cm wide and 8.2 cm high. I just recently discovered another bud on another growth underneath the current flower. A friend wants me to put his (bellatulum alba x niveum alba) pollen on it. His plant also had a very nice sized flower.

I just crossed these two plants two weeks ago. The Fanaticum has a second flower that just opened. The pollen did not take on the Franz Glanz, but I 'think' a seedpod is slowly forming on the Fanaticum. Norito Hasegawa didn't think it too likely the two plants would cross pollinate.

-Dave

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
Those are some awesome blooms! I especially like that Franz Glanz. I'd (almost) kill for one of those.

Also, I'm not trying to sound like a jerk at all here, but I don't think that last plant is a Fanaticum. Looks a lot like a Ma-Belle to me. The spots on the inside of the pouch seem to give that away to me.

D

DavidH

You're right! It is a Ma Belle!!! I mislabeled what I typed and the tag actually has the parental names, not the hybrid name. I'm not too good at rememberiing all the names and I appreciate the correction!

WolfDog1 (C. Williams)

Reaction score
That's the most unique Franz Glanz I've ever seen.
When I get one, I certainly hope it's white and yellow
like yours.....that is fabulous!

Very nice pictures.

Thanks for sharing.

Craig

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
I have heard that a fair number of the Franz Glanz's out there were made with hangianum rather than emersonii. Of course no one will admit that though so we'll have lots of possibly incorrect awards one of these days...:rolleyes:

D

DavidH

Good news! I checked and the seed pod is definitely growing on the Ma Belle (Ma Belle x Franz Glanz).

I've also got another seedpod growing on my haynaldianum alba (haynaldianum alba x Franz Glanz). However, since two other seed pods formed on their own, I can't be sure if it really took or if the plant did a self-pollination. I popped off one of the other two seed pods so there's only two on the plant. The plant is the offspring off an FCC selfing.

Marco

Slipperless member
Reaction score
Nice pictures Dave. Congrats on the seed pods and Welcome back home. Glad to have you back home safe and sound.

Latest posts