What the Heck?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phred

Reaction score
This bloom is from last year
C0519A3A-E1DE-46A8-83BF-D058CFFEEA4E.jpeg
This bloom is the same plant bloomed this year... no pouch and all out of wack.
69310636-E364-4CF0-AA7E-95BCFAB8982B.jpeg

Attachments

• 7E8D739D-AD74-4A50-BFD9-FA0F2D4FD27B.jpeg
    7E8D739D-AD74-4A50-BFD9-FA0F2D4FD27B.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 2
I see warped flowers sometimes and I think could be due to some of the chemicals that I use during bud formation like seaweed, growth fertilizers of organic sources, bactericides etc. Maybe you used them?

Random mishaps happen sometimes.
Both of my delenatii are blooming without a pouch.
Luckily, I rarely see this happen.

Thanks... I did spray it with safari when I got it last November. No bud in site at the time but it could have been in the process. What is the collective thought on using the pollen?

Thanks... I did spray it with safari when I got it last November. No bud in site at the time but it could have been in the process. What is the collective thought on using the pollen?
I really think your original flower is spectacular. I would love one just like it. The rose color is so clear and vivid and I love the exoticism of the shape. Will set an alarm in my calendar to follow up with you on this flower next year. Btw, have you considered cutting off the messed-up bloom, up save the plant the energy of supporting it? Also, I would like to hear more about the objection to using pollen from this inflorescence because I can’t believe this is at all a genetic issue, it’s purely environmental as demonstrated by the previously perfect flower.

I really think your original flower is spectacular. I would love one just like it. The rose color is so clear and vivid and I love the exoticism of the shape. Will set an alarm in my calendar to follow up with you on this flower next year. Btw, have you considered cutting off the messed-up bloom, up save the plant the energy of supporting it? Also, I would like to hear more about the objection to using pollen from this inflorescence because I can’t believe this is at all a genetic issue, it’s purely environmental as demonstrated by the previously perfect flower.
I plan on cutting the bloom off. If I’m going to keep the pollen I like to leave it on a week after the bloom opens then collect it. So far a response of no on using the pollen and no other responses. I will definitely post the next bloom(s). BTW - this plant has bloomed perfectly the last 3 or 4 years so I’m sure it will be good next year.

I plan on cutting the bloom off. If I’m going to keep the pollen I like to leave it on a week after the bloom opens then collect it. So far a response of no on using the pollen and no other responses. I will definitely post the next bloom(s). BTW - this plant has bloomed perfectly the last 3 or 4 years so I’m sure it will be good next year.
I suggest also not to use the pollen on this bloom. A faulty development of the flower parts may also occur with the pollen.

Roots/plant overall is in excellent condition. It was new to me November first. I sprayed it with Safari before adding it to my collection. Only thing I can think of.

Latest posts

Back