What plants do you grow besides orchids?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh, nepenthes! I love them. What hybrids/species?

Nepenthes veitchii (highland form)

Here's one of them; I have 2 Nep. veitchii.

IMG_1125copy_zps57e82b73.jpg

thanks for posting picture; never seen anything like it.

also never seen pomegranate for sale; did you just plant seeds from a fruit, or....

Now you know about Nepenthes, Charles! :) It was my other botanical obsession before orchids.

The pomegranate is a dwarf pomegranate. I bought it from a local nursery.

oh, i've seen and tried some nepenthes before plus seen them outside here, just never seen any as wild as the one in your picture! :)

Thanks for the compliment! This species is known as Nepenthes veitchii 'K'. Still do not know why it is called 'K'. This variety is very well known for its striped peristome and is rare in cultivation.

I have 2 Nepenthes sanguinea. One is about the size of my hand, the other has a leafspan a little bigger than a quarter. I also have a ton of Venus Flytraps, the 'Big Mouth' variety.

Anybody else grow Chiritas? I love them! I also grow lots of Pingiculas and find them cheerful as well as fun. I also have a few kind of natural-looking Coleus plants that look great in the greenhouse with the orchids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trees for my orhids

Today after my better half takes a nap I am planting a Green Gold Avocado tree and an interesting citris tree we got from the University of Hawaii College of Tropical Agriculture. The tree has 7 different citris grafts. It consists of 5 different tangerines, a tangello, and a lemon! I think it will 'sprout' some orchids when it gets bigger. Funny how those things happen...

Chris I have a couple of Chirita.... here is Erika, but my tamiana died ... :(:(
P5040031.jpg

OrchidBoy, yes these blooms are kind of difficult to capture properly... (there could be a keiki produced on the spike when still alive... ;))

Latest posts

Back