What Orchid book do I get next?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two books every orchid grower should have:
The Manual of Cultivated Orchid Species, 3rd Edition (1992) by Bechtel, Cribb & Launert
The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Orchids (1992) by Pridgeon

--Stephen

p.s. I must disagree with Jon. I was subjected to much pompousness during the one e-mail conversation I had with Dr. Braem.

Colin,

For Pleurothallids in Ecuador (or Venezuela), try Calaway Dodson's 'Native Ecuadorian Orchids'... there are plenty of line drawings and/or photographs of the species... even treats alot of the Lepanthes species, and also includes some unknown species (most likely undescribed species or odd forms)...

-P.A. Mahon

I have been meaning to suggest to ebay the following:

If a bid is placed within 5 minutes of the auction close, an additional 5 minutes is added to the auction period. That way, sniping is hindered and it's more like a real auction!

--Stephen

p.s. Novelty Slipper Orchids, by Koopowitz & Hasegawa is worth a read and can usually be found for about $35 with shipping from Australia.

silence882 said:
I have been meaning to suggest to ebay the following:

If a bid is placed within 5 minutes of the auction close, an additional 5 minutes is added to the auction period. That way, sniping is hindered and it's more like a real auction!

--Stephen
SORE LOSER!

In all seriousness though, I'd have to imagine that has been proposed hundreds of times over the years.

Thanks for the Koopowitz/Hasewaga recomendation... I'll look into it.

Agitated seller, actually! It seems like eBay would want to add it to get the prices as high as possible...

--Stephen

kentuckiense said:
SORE LOSER!

In all seriousness though, I'd have to imagine that has been proposed hundreds of times over the years.

Thanks for the Koopowitz/Hasewaga recomendation... I'll look into it.

Latest posts

Back