what might this be

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abapple

Reaction score
This is labeled as Phrag piercei v. ecuadorense 'Joan' HCC/AOS. It looks like one of the small forms of longifolium to me. Any of you guys have any info on this award?

Dear abaplle,

this is Phrag. hartwegii f. baderi

It seem to be very common, that it is misslabeled in cultivation.
Mostly as Phrag. longifolium var. gracile, but the difference is, that there are no hairs on the staminode.
Or in your case, as pearcei, for sure because of a similar plantsize and a lack of knowlage when it was judged.

Best regards Trimorph

Yes it is longifolium, but one of the cutest i have seen. If you can sell me a small piece of it I would be very happy.

Not sure where I got this, but I have had it for probably 8 years or so. That label in the pot is the original label that came with the plant.
Eliseo, yes I will save you a piece of the plant when I devide it next. It has been in this pot for at least 3 years in the phrag mix from RePot Me and has styro peanuts in the bottom. Reliable bloomer. It is larger flower and plant size than gracile 'Birchwood'

after looking at the slippertalk forum from the link above I am sure that it is hartwegii forma baderi. Are there many of these around? Should I try to self it

Latest posts

Back