What is your favourite multifloral Paph?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing your favs! So far I only have two multiflorals but would like to get more. Shin-Yi's Pride and praestans. Both are still too young to bloom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paphiopedilum Wössner Black Wings GM/TPS - I took a picture April 2015 in Taiwan. Huge plant. I would make space for a plant like this.

dc81675aa59f4c426ca5447d6db9bbf9.jpg

I would love to get one of those multifloral niveum. I remember seeing a picture of one with four blooms on it!

But you may not be counting that as multifloral, they don't always do that

Thanks for sharing your favs! So far I only have two multiflorals but would like to get more. Shin-Yi's Pride and praestans. Both are still too young to bloom.

If your Shin-Yi Pride turns out to be, what I concern nice (see below), then you'll have something nice.

Paph20Shin20Yis20Pride201_zpsubcaxzvt.jpg

Booth's Stone lady or roth or stonei. A really nice philippinense var roebelenii not to far behind.

Can I just say all of them? I don't think I can choose one or even a handful...

P. sanderianum because it makes me wonder about the real function/effectiveness of the long petals biologically. But from prettiness, I like the pastel color of P. parishii (not so successful with growing this, though).

Paph. parishii. Took "Best of Show" with one in Toronto many years ago.

I have to say, I've been lusting after parishii!!! Probably my first choice right now followed by a roth.

Slow to answer on this because multis have never really been my thing. I've never had the space that might have tempted me. Three species - stonei, philippinense and lowii - have sometimes tempted me, and many of their primary crosses. Sometimes rothschildianum crosses, of course. But one was among the 5 orchids I chose to try first over 40 years ago and still catches my eye every time - Paph parishii.

Slow to answer on this because multis have never really been my thing. I've never had the space that might have tempted me. Three species - stonei, philippinense and lowii - have sometimes tempted me, and many of their primary crosses. Sometimes rothschildianum crosses, of course. But one was among the 5 orchids I chose to try first over 40 years ago and still catches my eye every time - Paph parishii.

Thank you for that well thought out answer! I agree with you, I wasn't drawn to multiflorals at first. But I'm loving parishii, stonei and philippinense.

Latest posts

Back