What is wrong with my plants?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BSPA

I know this is not a paph or a phrag, but John (Phrag) suggested that I post the picture here. I purchased a couple Neostylis Lou Sneary from John about a month ago. Recently, I noticed some black spots on both plants. Does anyone know what is wrong with these plants?

Neostylis_001.jpg

Where do you live? Its hard to tell, but it looks like cold damage. New leaves are more suseptable. I don't grow neos, so I don't know how sensitive they are as a whole.

Seems like the problem stemmed from heat (from my inexpert eyes)?

:rollhappy:

So far we have heat and cold as the prognosis. And also rot and not-rot. I think we need more photos, especially from the side. Honestly, I have no idea what this is, and I am inclined to just refund the money for these plants.

Well, I performed surgery on both plants, since the spots are spreading. Below is a picture that I just took. You can still see some black spots. (My new digital camera is not working too well.)

Neostylis_002.jpg

Could be spots where water drops sat on the leaf and caused localized problems due to cold or heat. Just leave the poor plant alone - it will probably recover on its own. These are tough little plants. Is that a spike I see in the first pic?

Back