What is this species?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the tip of the bud supposed to be purple? I'm not sure if it is really blasted or...? But the blasted buds are brown and this one dark purple, as far as I can see...

I know this variety.Is only a new colony of haynaldianum,that is quite dark.Shure is a species cause the"asian vendor" that is selling them,sells only wild collected plants.
He loves to put his name on some plants,but never true names.In my opinion is dangerous bussiness with him.

Is the tip of the bud supposed to be purple? I'm not sure if it is really blasted or...? But the blasted buds are brown and this one dark purple, as far as I can see...
Purple is a good thing. Brown usually isn't!...New PIC time!

Update.
721f668cf25b.jpg

So, here we are. Doesn't look similar to the first photo at all, I think. Dorsal has spots, petals went upward... just a typical haynaldianum....
9657c6744caf.jpg

Yes, I've seen it. But why are you showing me that thread? In this thread I'm comparing photo of vendor who sold me this plant to my photo of this plant taken when it is in bloom. And I'm writing in this thread because Gore was offered the same plant with the same photo at the same time, but didn't buy it. Probably, he was right... But it has nothing to do with other plants and sources. In this example I'm just showing that "showed plant" doesn't equal "bloomed plant" in result.

@Shadow..this was not only for you..

...only a possible answer for the question of this thread :mad:

Latest posts

Back