Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

baodai

Reaction score
What is this bug? and how to kill them
Thanks,
BD

The Orchid Boy

Reaction score
Yep, millipede. Are they in your mix in pots or just crawling around your growing area?

E

Eric Muehlbauer

They aren't all that bad, and can be hard to get rid of. Try a drench of Physan...I find that it is very irritating to worms, bugs, etc...that should chase them out. Or, you could just repot.

baodai

Reaction score
They aren't all that bad, and can be hard to get rid of. Try a drench of Physan...I find that it is very irritating to worms, bugs, etc...that should chase them out. Or, you could just repot.
Hi Eric,

Too many pots to repot. I can see them from my clear pot specially on my clivia pot ... I just hate hate them ... I can deal with mealybug but not this one
BD

The Orchid Boy

Reaction score
Try insecticide granules for houseplants. You sprinkle the granules over the pot and then water to disolve and disperse them.

Ozpaph

Reaction score
Other than an annoyance do they harm the plants?
They will be hard to eliminate if the pots are in contact with the ground soil.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
They're probably doing you a favor. Getting rid of the broken down bark and keeping your mix fresh!

gonewild

Grower
Reaction score
Millipedes are not your friend.

Millipedes will damage plants.

Their main diet is decaying plant tissue but they will chew holes in roots and other moist soft tissue.

Not good to have.

gonewild

Grower
Reaction score
I find millipedes are only a problem with wood and bark. Do they eat other insects?
No they don't eat insects. But there is a mutant form that goes out at night far from the pots in search of human tissue. No one knows what they do with the tissue, but it tickles.

Rick

Reaction score
Diatamaceous earth powder is supposed to be effective on these guys. But they have to walk through it to get the "glass shards" into their pores.

Latest posts